Canada Kicks Ass
Atlantica and Broadcastnb.com

Dr Caleb @ Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:08 pm

[QUOTE BY= atlanticaparty]<br /> What Dr. Caleb says 'co-registrant of his web address comes back to an investment company on the 21st floor, TD bulding in Toronto' was true at the time of registration.<br /> [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> You should look into changing that. Whenever someone new logs on and states 'Should Atlantic Canada seperate?' it gets my hackles up. So a little google-fu, and I find the website you post has ties to a hedge fund, and I find that article about the Atlantica/AIMS free trade zone (and you next question is about Free Trade) . . . what am I supposed to think?<br /> <br /> So, I guess it's time to start over? Hi, I'm Caleb, and I've been sober for about 2 hours.<br /> <br /> [QUOTE BY= atlanticaparty]<br /> Regarding the Atlantic Party being a separatist party or a 'front' for AIMS (apparently interchangeable evils), Dr. Caleb and I have already had this discussion, to no avail apparently. Not sure what else I can do.<br /> <br /> For the record, the Atlantica Party is NOT a separatist party. We are committed to working in Canada. When we suggest anything, like Atlantic Union, it is inside Canada. <br /> <br /> Second we are NOT affiliated with the Atlantica free trade zone or AIMS or anybody. We picked the party name before all of the hubbub. We are a completely independent party interested in bettering the common good of Atlantic Canada through reform. The founders are all unaffiliated private citizens. Not sure why AIMS would ‘front’ a party that has nothing to say about the free trade corridor idea and tons to say about reforming our current political system in progressive ways (including eliminating all corporate influence in politics). <br /> [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> I don't recall such a discussion, but ethier way, the slate is clean. It is unfortunate, because a simple google of 'atlantica' will bring up both your party, and AIMS. How is one to tell?<br /> <br /> (Have to switch to blockquoting here, due to a bug in the code)<br /> <br /> <blockquote> [atlanticaparty]<br /> However it is distressing when, in all of this, the debate over electoral and political reform gets silenced.<br /> </blockquote><br /> <br /> Indeed. I'm from the West, and the the Reform Party was supposed to be that for us, but look what some real dirty politics can do.<br /> <br /> <blockquote>[Marcarc] To be fair, I think the first post you put here had a title like "Should Atlantic Canada separate?" I'm pretty sure that was it. That's pretty inflammatory and so its not a huge leap to think that a political party with the same name as a lobby group would be associated with them. <br /> </blockquote><br /> <br /> Exactally.<br /> <br /> <blockquote>[Marcarc]<br /> Check out the above posts though, its all sorted out here, and if you guys do up some press releases along the lines of the Canadian Action Party, then they said they'd post them. I can help out with that, since the 'Atlantica lobby' puts out lots of studies which are essentially easily turned upside down to make the sovereignty point. </blockquote><br /> <br /> Yes, we should have a 'coming out' party for you. If there are clarifications to you platform, please feel free to post questions, but the ones you have been posting lately seem mostly rhetorical. You have to try to re-engage people if you want to pick their brains. And they do have very good brains.<br /> <br /> And yes, I am Moderator, and I have many posts. 1400 or thereabouts. But there are over 18,000 in the forumns, so I am but a small percentage.