Canada Kicks Ass
How to pass driving license test Calgary, Canada?

1  2  Next

RonJohnson @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:22 pm

DrCaleb @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Pay the man.

stratos @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Learn to drive then take the test in another city?

BartSimpson @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:26 pm

RonJohnson RonJohnson:

$10 says your name is not 'Ron Johnson' and that your IP address is from India (or etc.) and that you'll be spamming us before the day is out.

[boxing]

martin14 @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Drinking, lots of drinking before... cheap whiskey.

And then prepare a $10,000 bribe for the examiner, it's the only way.

DrCaleb @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:32 pm

stratos stratos:

You must not have been to Calgary lately. The only excuse I can figure for the way they drive is if they bribed the tester to pass them.

raydan @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Cheat and bribe or the other way around... it's been awhile, I'm not sure. :?

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:17 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:

You must not have been to Calgary lately. The only excuse I can figure for the way they drive is if they bribed the tester to pass them.

It's like that everywhere anymore. When I lived in Cambridge, I watched a student driver waiting to turn left at a major intersection, having to wait until the oncoming traffic used up all the yellow, AND then having his East Indian driving instructor instruct him to make his left turn on the red light.
I also saw a student driver going the wrong way down a one way street and his Chinese instructor didn't seem the least bit perturbed about it.

Unsound @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:36 pm

I think it was actually in Calgary that there was a minor scandal a few years ago with Class 1 drivers licenses being sold to unqualified people at a few different driving schools. A lot of gravel truck drivers, if you know what I mean.

BartSimpson @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:40 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
When I lived in Cambridge, I watched a student driver waiting to turn left at a major intersection, having to wait until the oncoming traffic used up all the yellow, AND then having his East Indian driving instructor instruct him to make his left turn on the red light.

That seems to be an acceptable means of making a left turn in pretty much every congested city I've ever been to. Get in the left turn lane, pull out into the intersection, wait for the oncoming traffic to stop, complete your left turn.

Myself, I try to avoid large cities because of the necessity of this kind of thing.

Vamp018 @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:53 pm

In the US, Go to Wisconsin and buy a 24 pack of beer and bride the instructor. If needed also be prepared to buy a case of cracker jacks to boot :mrgreen: .

In Yellowknife don't ask, you need a Pilot's Licenses and attitude, not the Canuk politeness in the Provinces, where a bit insane up there :mrgreen: .

Unsound @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:55 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
That seems to be an acceptable means of making a left turn in pretty much every congested city I've ever been to. Get in the left turn lane, pull out into the intersection, wait for the oncoming traffic to stop, complete your left turn.

That's exactly what you're supposed to do.

Alta_redneck @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:03 pm

Unsound Unsound:
I think it was actually in Calgary that there was a minor scandal a few years ago with Class 1 drivers licenses being sold to unqualified people at a few different driving schools. A lot of gravel truck drivers, if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean, I was at the receiving end of that gravel and I've seen everything. A for instance would be one guy owning 2 trucks, each pulling wagons. The owner would pull in, back up and dump, and then pull ahead out of the way, his second truck would pull up to his bosses truck, the boss would run back and jump into the second truck driver's seat because the hired driver couldn't back it up.

We would shut that truck down, and if we did it early enough in the day, no matter where we were in Alberta, it wasn't unusual to see a taxi drive up to the job with another driver for that truck.

Some of them were very good drivers and when you became friends with them, you had a friend for life.

CanadianJeff @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Make sure to offer to sleep with the tester as soon as you get in the car. The sooner the better and gender is irrelevant. :p

Seriously though I call less then 24 hours before you just start posting pointless spam.

Brenda @ Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Make sure you are seated inside a car, with your seat belt on and the guy in the passengers seat. Wait for his instructions. Do as he says. Answer his questions. Look around. Don't honk when you see a nice ass.

1  2  Next