Canada Kicks Ass
poor albarta

Previous  1  2  3

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Mon May 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Gaagii Gaagii:
That total is French or not that changes nothing because all the mulltinationalles big which destroy our environment and our health are a part of one reason with at the top of the pyramid of the world the new world order!
It is for that, it's a pity that the peoples (all, Canadian, French, American, Spanish ......all) do not move together because we could make it things for the good of the humanity and the environment!
Instead of that, the majority make nothing and everything degrades with irreversible dramatic consequences

So tell us toots, what are ya gonna replace oil with? It and its by-products are in thousands of products. Food, surgical gowns and gloves, toothpaste, toothbrushes, pantyhose/stockings, clothing, cds, dvds, computers, TVs, cell phones, tablets, hearing aids, artificial limbs to name just a very few. Why is it you enviro-bobbleheads constantly whine about oil yet have zero solutions for replacing it?
Global commerce would be severely impacted and many everyday consumer goods couldn't be made without oil.
All we can do is mitigate our own individual use, because the demand is there and the demand will be met until the shit runs out.

DrCaleb @ Tue May 15, 2012 10:15 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
They also never show the land *before* mining. "Mordor" would be an apt description.

I had heard before the sands were anywhere near developed as they are that the environment in the area was already toxic. Runoff from heavy rains was washing oil sands into nearby streams and rivers.
I agree with it being analogous to Mordor. I have seen pics of the area before development and it looked like a toxic wasteland then.

It just irks me that they show a pic of the Boreal runoff deltas that will never be touched by oilsands, and then show a older open pit mine that probabally has been filled in by now. In that second pic Boots posted, you can see the former open pit mine on either side of the highway on the left. The highway used to run on the right side, but they moved it to allow for mining 20 years ago.

I used to go mountain bike riding west of downtown, and there was a spot you could see the old Syncrude test site from 40 years ago. The ground is still 'natural', but you can't bike on it because it's so sticky (in summer).

But pics like that aren't inflammatory enough to illicit donations to GreenFarce or the Sierra Leone Club. Fact like no new Oilsands plants use open strip mining, and because of that they don't need settling ponds. A couple new projects are on lakes that are already unfit for human use because of the toxic chemicals in the water (Telephone Lake, for example).

Pics like these don't fit their view of something they've been convinced exists.

Christina Lake.jpg
Christina Lake.jpg [ 44.4 KiB | Viewed 621 times ]

http://www.cenovus.com/news/cenovus-in- ... sands.html

I guess it's the scale. You can't swing a dead cat in Europe without hitting some small town. You can drive here for 15 hours, and not even leave the province of Alberta. They must believe that the oilsands being larger in size than England must therefore encompass the same population as England - but in truth no one lives anywhere near there.

uwish @ Tue May 15, 2012 10:42 am

at Cenovus all our production in in situ, less that %15 of the total oilsands deposit can be recovered by mining, but it gets all the attention.

Cenovus has the best SOR(steam to oil ratio) in the world, we are pioneers in SAP, dialation and SAGD technologies.

I can say that because I am one of four Petrophysicst in the company of 4000 employees.

BartSimpson @ Tue May 15, 2012 10:52 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Is al-barta, bart's username on the Al Jazeera website?

ROTFL

DrCaleb @ Tue May 15, 2012 11:10 am

uwish uwish:
at Cenovus all our production in in situ, less that %15 of the total oilsands deposit can be recovered by mining, but it gets all the attention.

Cenovus has the best SOR(steam to oil ratio) in the world, we are pioneers in SAP, dialation and SAGD technologies.

I can say that because I am one of four Petrophysicst in the company of 4000 employees.

Cool! Don't think I've ever met a 'Petrophysicist'. Even when I worked at the Syncrude Research facility in Edmonton, or Gibsons SAGD facility West of Syncrude.

Toro @ Fri May 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Gaagii Gaagii:
Alberta's nature, so beautiful that the first time when I saw it I said myself it was forged! So magnificent!
Then alberta is touch by oilsands........ [cry]

I shall like knowing if a majority of people fight against that?
I know that it is not easy, that would be it more if the majority of people became active in the fight, but it is necessary not to give up, the stakes are too grave to let make hands in pockets!
But are there people who fight against that?
After all they destroy your magnificent nature! And the consequences are catastrophic and worsen from day to day.
The nature is the only thing which we really need to live, the only one who gives us of what to live healthily, but the man destroys everything, making of a heaven on Earth as alberta the hell :(

That's nice.

Thanks for buying our oil!

PostFactum @ Sat May 19, 2012 2:36 am

Do you want to eat? Do shit, of cource minimum as possible and clean it all.

Previous  1  2  3