Canada Kicks Ass
Rev. Stephen Boissoin prevails against Alberta’s human-right

DrCaleb @ Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:44 pm

$1:
A rough measure of how someone feels about gay people can be determined by counting the number of letters they use to speak their name. Progressives typically say “Gay” (3), “queer” (5), or lump gays in with an acronym such as LGBT (4). More traditional types still prefer “homosexual” (10). But as one proceeds backward along the tolerance scale, the letter-count mounts, and one observes more elaborate formulations, such as “practitioners of the homosexual lifestyle” and “homosexual-agenda activists.”

Based on this scale, there is no denying that Rev. Stephen Boissoin of Red Deer, Alta. scores low on the free-to-be-you-and-me scale.

In a notorious June 17, 2002 letter to the Red Deer Advocate, he excoriated the “homosexual machine” and “militant homosexual agenda” that, in his opinion, was spreading “all manner of wickedness” in Canadian society. He ended with a call to moral arms, urging “Mr. and Mrs. Heterosexual” to “start taking back what the enemy has taken from you.”

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... s-censors/

Good for him. He has the right to be an intolerent prick if he wants to be.

andyt @ Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:52 pm

Yes. The LGTTNABO community can picket him, write nasty things about him etc. But don't punish him judicially.

Zipperfish @ Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Agreed. On anti-bullying day here (maybe everywhere) you're supposed to wear pink to school. I just said to some other parents that I thought there was enough of treating boys like dysfunctional girls in the school system already, without making them wear pink and I thought they were going to haul me in front of a tribunal with the looks I got.

Gunnair @ Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:43 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Agreed. On anti-bullying day here (maybe everywhere) you're supposed to wear pink to school. I just said to some other parents that I thought there was enough of treating boys like dysfunctional girls in the school system already, without making them wear pink and I thought they were going to haul me in front of a tribunal with the looks I got.

Next time don't say it with your pants around your ankles.

Freakinoldguy @ Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

R=UP

+10

CanadianJeff @ Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:37 pm

Yep this guy should have every right to keep spouting this crap.

I just hope he's aware the the category of non religious people is growing at a rate of about 5% a year in Canada so he's going to be more then a little out of date in less then 10 years if standing on religion is all he's got to argue.