Canada Kicks Ass
Customize The Recent Topics List!

Canadaka @ Thu May 04, 2006 1:11 pm

Awhile back I said I was going to do this, well I finally got around to it last night. Wasn't as hard as I feared, but its still pretty crude right now, but it works. I will make the settings page more user friendly later.

The topics list by default shows recent posts from any of the forums, the CKA forums are very broad in scope so you might not be interested in certain forums. So with this page you can select forums to be excluded from the recent topics.

http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?nam ... orumglance

It is stored in the database so your settings will be remember anytime you’re logged in. I have also added the medals forum back into the default fold.

at the top of the recent topics block, there is a small grey link "customize" where you can access the settings. There is also a link on your profile page.

There is some more instructions on the Settings page, if you find anything that doesn't work let me know.

Canadaka @ Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:09 am

BUMP!

Wanted to let newer members know about this unique feature. There are a broad range of forums here, so you can narrow the recent topics list to what your interested in!

looking at the database, seems only 27 people use this feature.

Snorkmaiden @ Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:22 am

Hey, I didn't know about this feature! Very cool! Thanks!

Regina @ Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:26 am

That's the only way I view the forums.

Blue_Nose @ Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:32 am

Me too! Use it and love it!

BluesBud @ Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:20 am

Thanks for the info! I find this a very good feature. I even found a few topics I did not even know were on the site!

BluesBud @ Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:42 am

Well either I am not doing it properly of it is not working for me. No prob I like to surf around the entire site anyhow. I will try again at an other time