Canada Kicks Ass
Fav Hockey Team Profile Update

1  2  Next

Canadaka @ Wed May 16, 2007 2:52 pm

With the constant nagging from Mr_Canada I finaly got around to adding in Team Flags. ;)

I will be replacing the former open ended field for "Favorite Hockey Team" with a select list. This will make counting how many members prefer which team much easier. Right now people that like The Maple Leafs might type in, Toronton, leafs, maple leafs, or any number of other combinations.

Now with the list everyone will have the same team name and the list is like the Country Flag list, each item has an image linked to it. The image in this case is the Team Logo. The logo will show up in your profile page. I am going to add an option to enable this logo to show in the forums by your avatar, in place of 1 of the user group logos.

I will also have to update the statistics page to reflect these changes, but it will make the hockey team stats more accurate.

For now I have left the open-ended field in place and below it is the select box. Everyone should edit thier profile and choose one of the teams from the list, this will overwrite whatever is currently in your Fav hockey Team field.

Canadaka @ Wed May 16, 2007 3:36 pm

ok I added an option in your profile to enable display of your team logo in the forums.

under "Forum Preferences" in your profile, "Show Hockey Team Logo:".
It is off by default.

Later I will make it so you can click the team logo and it will show a page with all other members who have that team selected in there profile.

wildrosegirl @ Wed May 16, 2007 3:40 pm

This is awesome, Trevor!!

Thanks!

TattoodGirl @ Wed May 16, 2007 3:44 pm

Sweet Trev!!!! :D

Tyler_1 @ Wed May 16, 2007 3:45 pm

Thanks Trevor!
:-D

TattoodGirl @ Wed May 16, 2007 3:45 pm

Wait!! I dont see mine....Can anyone else see mine?????? :?

wildrosegirl @ Wed May 16, 2007 3:46 pm

Nope.. getting a little box, TG.

It's broken. :(

TattoodGirl @ Wed May 16, 2007 3:47 pm

AWWWW.....even the icon is broken just like the damn Canucks.... :cry:

wildrosegirl @ Wed May 16, 2007 3:48 pm

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
AWWWW.....even the icon is broken just like the damn Canucks.... :cry:

:lol:

TattoodGirl @ Wed May 16, 2007 3:51 pm

Ok....my bad....I just dont read instructions all the way thru....oopsy all fixed :oops:

Canadaka @ Wed May 16, 2007 6:12 pm

**UPDATE**

Too go along with the team logos, I started some work on a proper Sports section for CKA. Eventualy I would like a page for each major sport and each team.

The Team logos will now link to that teams page. I have started work on a team page for "Ottawa Senators".

See here, or find someone with Sens logo displayed and click it
http://www.canadaka.net/sports/teams/ottawa-senators

If anyone with some basic html or php skills wants to help out in the creation of pages for each team, let me know. I can make the php and framework, but it would really help me if I had someone to help finding content and news feeds, links and such.

Mr_Canada old @ Wed May 16, 2007 7:12 pm

WOOOO!

Thank you, R=UP and kickass.

TattoodGirl @ Wed May 16, 2007 7:34 pm

WDHIII WDHIII:
Trev...... how come theyre showing up in the side panel for SOME

<----------

but not for others.

More to the point why are are those that ARE showing up.......

NOT ALL SENATORS FLAGS???? :evil:

Theyre CANADAS team now....... just as the Oil was last year and the Flames were three years ago.

:wink:

Oh geeezzzz....alrite guilt trip time.....Good God a Leafs Av and now this.....I can do it tho..... :lol:

Mr_Canada old @ Wed May 16, 2007 7:35 pm

WDHIII WDHIII:
Trev...... how come theyre showing up in the side panel for SOME

<----------

but not for others.

More to the point why are are those that ARE showing up.......

NOT ALL SENATORS FLAGS???? :evil:

Theyre CANADAS team now....... just as the Oil was last year and the Flames were three years ago.

:wink:
Keep reading Trev's posts.... ;)

Mr_Canada old @ Wed May 16, 2007 7:43 pm

WDHIII WDHIII:
:oops:

Missed that.

Thanks for the heads up Mr. C.

For that youre fogiven for not flyin the Sens flag..... :wink:
:P

Don't worry, it'll be up soon...

In time for next game...

*evil laughter*