Canada Kicks Ass
HELP WANTED

1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  Next

Hyack @ Fri May 25, 2018 6:30 pm

I have been in touch with Trevor via e-mail and have asked him to look into acquiring a couple new moderators to help with the running of the site and to eventually replace me entirely....I have yet to hear back from him so I thought I could at least get the ball rolling and see if there were any members who would want to give the position a try. Nominations could also be made for those you may consider to be right for the job. This is an open thread to state your opinions, nominations or to put your name in for the position. Anyone can PM me at any time if they wish to discuss the matter in private. I have been a full moderator here from 2008 and was the CKA News moderator for a few years prior to that. Since the big melt down in July 2015 I have been the only one holding down the fort and so, as some of you may understand I'm starting to feel a bit burnt out, not that the job is too overly taxing! Fortunately the majority of the members here are not in need of constant attention and the biggest part of the job is taking care of spammers.

rickc @ Fri May 25, 2018 7:06 pm

I would nominate Dr. Caleb and peck420. They are both smart and well informed on current events. They both spend a decent amount of time on the board. They always seem to stay above the fray and do not let their politics get the best of them the way a bunch of us (myself included) tend to do. They seem fair, like the kind of judge I would want sitting on the bench. I do not know if they have the free time to do the job or any desire to do the job, but I think that they would do a great job if they were so inclined as to do the job. That is my two cents worth for two of our more reasonable members.

Tricks @ Fri May 25, 2018 8:20 pm

rickc rickc:
I would nominate Dr. Caleb and peck420. They are both smart and well informed on current events. They both spend a decent amount of time on the board. They always seem to stay above the fray and do not let their politics get the best of them the way a bunch of us (myself included) tend to do. They seem fair, like the kind of judge I would want sitting on the bench. I do not know if they have the free time to do the job or any desire to do the job, but I think that they would do a great job if they were so inclined as to do the job. That is my two cents worth for two of our more reasonable members.

^ That.

xerxes @ Fri May 25, 2018 8:34 pm

I would nominate Bart. I disagree with 99% of his politics but he knows the tech world inside and out and I'm sure he'd a be a great asset in dealing with spammers.

martin14 @ Fri May 25, 2018 9:39 pm

xerxes xerxes:
I would nominate Bart. I disagree with 99% of his politics but he knows the tech world inside and out and I'm sure he'd a be a great asset in dealing with spammers.

2nd.
I agree with 98% of his politics but I recognize he is an even handed person
who has a real belief in freedom of speech.
He would not abuse the mod position to further his discussions.

I would also 3rd the Caleb nomination, maybe we can strongarm him into it.

Hyack, congratulations and thank you for the modding you have done here,
alone, unaided, while the rest of us screaming children try to take over the asylum,
and please continue with it. [B-o] [B-o]

rickc @ Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 pm

I would 3rd the Bart nomination. No one does more to keep the lights on around here than Bart. From his personal donations to CKA, to his challenging others to donate to CKA, to his unsurpassed starting and contributing to threads.....this site might not even still be here without him. You can agree or disagree with the man, but you cannot dispute the fact that there is no greater champion of CKA than Bart.

I think that he would do a great job. He has always been fair to me even when he disagrees with me. I did not nominate him for two reasons: lately (since Trump got elected) it seems that there is a vendetta against him. He could tell someone good morning and they would try to claim that his greeting is somehow an outdated misogynist, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, (did I miss anything?) rambling of a white male colonialist reeking of privilege. Yeah it really is that bad. Number two: the guy seems to actually have a life. He is one of a very few that post according to a very strict schedule: Mon-Fri day shift only. It is very rare for him to be on here outside of that time frame. Unlike me he seems to have stuff to do when he is not working, and actually likes spending time with his wife. Go figure! :D

N_Fiddledog @ Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am

Can't we just keep you, Hyack? You're my favourite of all the mods I've had this 21st century.

Fighter @ Sat May 26, 2018 1:09 am

I will go with

@DrCaleb and @FreakinOldGuy

They were among few others who made me comfortable on this alien site when I newly joined. I'll never forget that.

Moderators, in my opinion, if makes the ground smooth for new comers, greatly enhances the reputation of the site.

Also....these two guys do the talking straight to the point without trolling.

Mr. Bart seems to be quite contender as well. Good luck to him.

:)

By the way, good luck for your future endeavors/job, Hyack.

I remember the talks I had with you :)

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat May 26, 2018 4:01 am

I will 4th Bart, and also 3rd Dr.Caleb. Both are awesome.

-J.

BRAH @ Sat May 26, 2018 5:11 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

-J.

Their tech knowledge is a bonus for the position.

Freakinoldguy @ Sat May 26, 2018 6:12 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

-J.

Exactly and while I thank Fighter for his nod of approval, I for one wouldn't want to be the person who single handily took down CKA because of a lack of interweb thingy technical skills. :wink:

So, my vote goes for the Doc and Bart both of who have the technical skills to help keep this site up and running. But, to be honest if I had my way I'd prefer Hyack stay on in some capacity (like final arbitrator on any suspensions) given his attributes as a fair, level headed moderator.

Tricks @ Sat May 26, 2018 8:44 am

Add me as a 5th for Bartman.

Fighter @ Sat May 26, 2018 9:35 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

Exactly and while I thank Fighter for his nod of approval,

You're welcome :)

Strutz @ Sat May 26, 2018 12:04 pm

You have done a great job Hyack! [B-o]

I am actually surprised there hasn't been a request for someone else to help out before now.

DrC makes sense as doesn't he already mod on Vive and therefore has some of the right experience for the job?

xerxes and bart would be two others I would support.

raydan @ Sat May 26, 2018 3:00 pm

Isn't there a law that you have to be Canadian to Mod a Canadian board? [huh]

1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  Next