Canada Kicks Ass
NOTICE FOR ALL FORUM MEMBERS

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 19  Next

Hyack @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:31 pm

raydan raydan:
Eisensapper Eisensapper:
Meh thats why I post my picture up, and cuz Im attention whore :wink:

Can you get kicked out of CKA if you flame yourself? :)

Give it a try, I'm sure all the mods here would be quite happy to try to accommodate you, if that is your wish...... :lol: :lol:

raydan @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:37 pm

Hyack Hyack:
raydan raydan:
Can you get kicked out of CKA if you flame yourself? :)

Give it a try, I'm sure all the mods here would be quite happy to try to accommodate you, if that is your wish...... :lol: :lol:

Ouch. That is definitely a flame. :cry:
Can I kick you out? 8)

Bibbi @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:42 pm

mtbr mtbr:
The personal attacks have gotten out of hand. The criticism of people for their grammar, spelling or content has been apparent for a long time . Even some of our most decorated members are guilty of that. Maybe this will turn the page.

Good idea Trevor.

I do not see this as any sort of problem. The usual assumption is that anyone who is literate is credible due to experience or education and that assumption is general throughout the workplace and society. Typos are normal but coherence and understandable posts should be expected by everyone.

Psudo @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:14 pm

$1:
We cannot learn from one another until we stop shouting at one another - until we speak quietly enough so that our words can be heard as well as our voices.

roger-roger @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:27 pm

I wonder who the first to be nabbed will be?

Bibbi @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:29 pm

Psudo Psudo:
$1:
We cannot learn from one another until we stop shouting at one another - until we speak quietly enough so that our words can be heard as well as our voices.

The precise and logical answer to that is that text being text and NOT sound or voices can NOT shout, irrespective of the use of capitals.

raydan @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Eisensapper Eisensapper:

Can we open a pool? A loonie each. :wink:

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Eisensapper Eisensapper:

That weird Prussian guy? :twisted:

roger-roger @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:33 pm

XD East Prussian....

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Ok...That Polish/Belarussian dude.

roger-roger @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:37 pm

Nah, the family was put in Russian prison camps before the change was made, techinically its that East Prussian/English guy. :wink:

My grandfather lived in Konigsburg, so techincally he would have been rebranded Russian. I have a feeling he would spit on your shoe if said as such though.

QBC @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Streaker Streaker:
Bibbi Bibbi:
QBC QBC:
From a mods point of view, we really don't want to ban anyone. We hope that this will settle things down and cool the personal attacks. We just want everyone to be able to enjoy the site without getting attacked for their point of view just because it isn't shared by all. Everyone, long term member and newbie, deserve to be able to come here and not feel like they can't say anything in a thread that they have a view point to share. We will also be looking very closely at those who "bait" others into flaming..

I must say that I do NOT like that concept because it is TOO open to interpretation. Just because you strongly disagree with some opinion and say so openly does NOT mean that you are baiting others into flaming.

What, you expect posters to keep their strong opinions to themselves for fear of being accused of "baiting others into flaming"?

I agree that this point could be tricky to enforce without being abused.

Agreed, it will be tricky, but it has to be taken into consideration if the situation warrants. All I'm saying is that when a post is considered flaming, we will look at what came before the objectionable post also.

RUEZ @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:49 pm

QBC QBC:
Agreed, it will be tricky, but it has to be taken into consideration if the situation warrants. All I'm saying is that when a post is considered flaming, we will look at what came before the objectionable post also.

I think that's a grand idea.

Psudo @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:55 pm

Bibbi Bibbi:
Psudo Psudo:
$1:
The precise and logical answer to that is that text being text and NOT sound or voices can NOT shout, irrespective of the use of capitals.
Sorry, I couldn't find a Nixon quote about online conversations.

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:57 pm

That's because Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 19  Next