Canada Kicks Ass
Post Pictures Here!

Previous  1 ... 17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next

BartSimpson @ Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:33 pm

R=UP

We've had some sort of radial-engine beast flying around Sacramento lately but every time I get outside to take a look it's gone. R=EM

But it sure is nice to hear it! :wink:

BartSimpson @ Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:00 pm

The sun set a few minutes ago and it's reflecting off of a layer of ice clouds!

stemmer @ Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 am

Old Barn in Cape Breton

An old barn and farm in Rear Intervale, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada, August 07, 2015.

Camera: Nikon D7100 & Nikkor 18-105mm lens

stemmer @ Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:02 am

Fire Lookout Tower in Northern Maine
Old fire lookout tower along Route #9 in Northern Maine USA. Tower has since been removed. Photo taken July 2006.

Camera: Canon PowerShot A610

DrCaleb @ Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:59 am

https://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/en/search/ ... ze=105&v=1

raydan @ Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Went for a 16km hike today carrying a 19kg backpack... took me 3 hours.

Can anybody tell me what that yellow stuff (mushroom???) is in the middle pic? [huh]

Strutz @ Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:21 pm

raydan raydan:
Went for a 16km hike today carrying a 19kg backpack... took me 3 hours.

Can anybody tell me what that yellow stuff (mushroom???) is in the middle pic? [huh]

Some kind of weird fungus for sure. Did you see it on other trees or just this one?

peck420 @ Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:28 pm

raydan raydan:
Can anybody tell me what that yellow stuff (mushroom???) is in the middle pic?

If I had to guess? Sulfur fungus (Laetiporus sulphureus).

Supposedly it tastes like chicken.

I did some more digging;

Option B and unfortunately more likely than the sulfur fungus, fuligo septica, aka...dog vomit slime mould.

Links for both.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laetiporus_sulphureus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuligo_septica

stemmer @ Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:11 am

Alone on a Doorstep

Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada - July 10, 2015.

A man sitting alone on a downtown doorstep flipping through what appears to be a book of coupons.

Camera: Nikon D7100 & Nikkor 18-105mm lens - ISO400, 85mm, f/5.6, 1/80sec

stemmer @ Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:15 am

Beach Walker

xerxes @ Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:09 pm

Went to FHC again on Saturday for the first time in a good while to see something really special. A fully restored Me 262. With fully operational Jumo 004 engines to boot. They'll be starting flight tests next month which will make this the only operational Me 262 anywhere.

Thanos @ Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:12 pm

Suh-weet! 8O

Amazed they haven't painted over the swastika on the tail-fin. Might need to do it just in case some hip 'n' trendy extra-woke person sees it and suffers a major attack of the vapours. This world these days.... :roll:

xerxes @ Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:16 pm

Coming from a card carrying lefty I'll admit it's a bit jarring a times. But FHC prides itself on historical accuracy and that includes the Hackenkreuz.

Thanos @ Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:25 pm

The part that boggles me is that an entire generation of actual Holocaust survivors and WW2 veterans from multiple countries could see the swastika for years after their ordeal in movies, on TV shows, on model kits, on equipment in museums, or in a hundred other places and not be freaked out by it at all. Then all of a sudden, thanks to a generation of college kids who nearly pass out in panic if a professor dares to tell them "no, that's incorrect" in class, the symbol gets purged from all eyesight, like simply seeing it is going to make some dopey weirdo start sieg heil-ing around their parent's rec room and then go out to burn down a synagogue. Man, everything sure went wrong and cruddy in a hurry, didn't it.

xerxes @ Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:33 pm

If the swastika is never seen by human eyes again it won't be a loss to humanity.

But historical context is one thing. Out and about in public is another thing. That can stop.

Previous  1 ... 17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next