Canada Kicks Ass
Did ya make the news tonight BN?

1  2  Next

Wullu @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:05 pm

Saw the thing on the news tonight about the Habitat houses? Did you make it there?

Blue_Nose @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:40 pm

I've been there this whole week, so yeah... there have been a lot cameras on site for the past few days, which I tend to avoid.

The build is going very well - three split levels in Dartmouth (Broom Rd, off the #7), and we're about four days ahead of schedule!

Wullu @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:55 pm

Very cool BN. Maybe next year after I am posted ashore and have something approaching a normal schedule I can lend a hand.

Blue_Nose @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:03 pm

There are a number of Navy guys on the crew, as I'd mentioned before... not sure what their positions are, but they are basically running the construction site, along with the contractor.

They don't have the photos from this week up on their site yet, but I'll post a few when I get some.

canadian1971 @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:55 pm

Hey Blue buddy....ya might be getting a Newfie for a neighbour....I just put in for a transfer to Halifax.......so if you're a home owner....sell now before I get there and drive the market down! :lol:

fatbasturd @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:03 pm

canadian1971 canadian1971:
Hey Blue buddy....ya might be getting a Newfie for a neighbour....I just put in for a transfer to Halifax.......so if you're a home owner....sell now before I get there and drive the market down! :lol:
fucking a dude then we can get together and tell some old fish tales

Wullu @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:04 pm

You won't be lonely here. Without Newfies, the navy would be about half the size. LOL.

mssheepdog @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:38 pm

Hello monsieurs,
Had a lovely conversation with an ex-us marine, (because of my job i meet interesting people here and there) has a long track record...got to talking and he had ended up in Rwanda with Dallaire...did desert storm, etc,....Honestly I can say it is the first Amercian that I have talked with that praised Canadians and our CDN military.. and offered compassion instead of political nonsense when we talked about my family member in Kandahar...AHH one good American at last (just kidding)...Wanted to share that with you all....Stiil on the look out for yellow ribbons in Quebec...Who's the single guy with a lawn problem?

canadian1971 @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:29 pm

Wullu Wullu:
You won't be lonely here. Without Newfies, the navy would be about half the size. LOL.

LOL...tell it to my brother who servered on the Iriquois(pardon the spelling)....ever see the video of Canadian sailors on the Iriquois doing the racist thing with the towels around their heads? It happened shortly after the Somollia affair. Can you guess which one my brother is, cause sadly, he is in it. 8O :lol:

Wullu @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:34 pm

mssheepdog mssheepdog:
Hello monsieurs,
...Who's the single guy with a lawn problem?

Wave.

canadian1971 @ Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:40 pm

fatbasturd fatbasturd:
canadian1971 canadian1971:
fucking a dude then we can get together and tell some old fish tales

I told ya about the time I went camping with the Mainlanders up here didn't I? How the boys went fishing and gave me a hard time for not....me being a Newfie and all......how I took a rod, made one cast, and caught the biggest of the day then passed the rod back and said...."That's how a Newfie does it." That one still makes me smile. :lol:

mssheepdog @ Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:03 pm

OK I guess I am budding in your fishing whatever stories...I wanted to give you all a yellow ribbon count from Quebec......kilo's travalled in Quebec...1340kms, number of ribbons spotted....2.....will there be more when the send some soldiers from CFB Valcartier! I hope so...

Hey Monsieur Wullu, I am new at this remember, the answer Wave is it a real Wave, Wave or some technical forum word or meaning that means something else...

Wullu @ Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:13 pm

Just me waving ms :)

I think that the VanDoos are next to rotate into Afghanistan after the RCR and suspect you will see more then. It is just human nature. :?

Don't worry about hijacking the thread, it happens :wink: sometimes intentionally, sometimes the thread just winds up going that way.

mssheepdog @ Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:46 pm

Ms waving back from Quebec....Question....do you have a ribbon on your car bumper over there I think in Halifax....(Good song from the Tragically Hip playing while I am writing)...Why do they call them the VanDoos...Yes human nature can be quite predictable...Ms waving empty coffee cup...

Wullu @ Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:58 pm

Actually I don't have a ribbon sticker. The way I see it is that I wear the Queen's Cloth everyday in the form of my Naval Combats. Should I have one? Probably. :oops:

They are called the VanDoos because of the French pronunciation of 22 which was the regimental number of the regiment during World War One. For their efforts the King awarded them the Royal designator. So the VanDoos proper designator is the Royal 22nd Regiment.

1  2  Next