Canada Kicks Ass
Hammond River Canoe Trips (Tottally Not Safe For 56k)

1  2  Next

LightStarr @ Thu May 31, 2007 10:53 am

We started doing this last summer. We take two days a week and paddle up river to a spot we like and camp there. Both days are usually filled with swimming, drinking, campfires and so on. I thought I would share the pictures I took last summer and the ones I've begun to collect this year.

I'll start from stuff from last year...

We followed a Great Horned Owl in here but couldn't snag a picture.

This is the way out.

The Osprey has this crazy huge nest on the way to our campsite.

Jesse wandering his canoe looking for more beer.

Crazy clouds

A Spider-Dog

The Pot Cloud

Train Bridge

Me and My Beer think we're awesome.

If you look past me, you can see the covered bridge

Our Tire Swing, the tire was full of eels.

Rope swing on the train bridge.

...and now 2007

Taken on Victoria day.

Me, being suprised.

Treasures my friend and I found in the river.

Campfire in an old washing machine tub.

Thats it for now, I'll post more as the trips continue...

novachick @ Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:37 pm

Now that looks like familiar country to me :wink: Like Jesse's Tat.. too :wink: 8)

ziggy @ Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:39 pm

Nice,the old washing machine tubs are the way to go,you can even throw it on to the top of the motorhome when moving to a new location.

ziggy @ Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:45 pm

Kayaking-the best rush you can have for under $100.00. Surfing upstream,you cant beat that.

Pop-ups? You have to try one. My home-made cost less then $100.00 20 years ago,bet I could do one now for just under $200.00,hand job all the way.

LightStarr @ Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:58 pm

novachick novachick:
Now that looks like familiar country to me :wink: Like Jesse's Tat.. too :wink: 8)

Yea, he has more on his back. Part of the NB flag in fact. I've got three on myself as well. Its a pretty sweet river. It breaks off from the Kennabecasis(sp) River, which is a pretty big rver. The Hammond is shallow during the summer. I went swimming in it last week, I'm super burnt, I need to get back on my PC and not just my laptop to upload them. But, as soon as I get back on it...there will be more from last week. Which was a beautiful day, we all went swimming....I'm now excited to get home and share them, they are that fun.

ziggy @ Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:34 am

Hmmmm,this looks like a re-creation of a famous moment in US history.

ziggy @ Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:36 am

Skin dogs....now only a woman could do that to a skin dog trying to "fancy" it up. :roll: Image

fatbasturd @ Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:50 am

looks like a good time all around thanks for sharing dude.....@novachick do you know where three pools/hells gates is down the other side of wolfville?

novachick @ Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:14 am

Yep I do FB.

fatbasturd @ Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:45 am

sweet i have been going there every year....and tubing of course for the last twenty years..... :rock:

canucker @ Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:49 am

You should make a album in the members gallery. :) Nice pics!

novachick @ Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:25 am

fatbasturd fatbasturd:
sweet i have been going there every year....and tubing of course for the last twenty years..... :rock:

Here's a question there's a lake right around White rock. Has a bunch of cottages and a camp ground
You happen to know the name of the lake?

LightStarr @ Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:38 am

canucker canucker:
You should make a album in the members gallery. :) Nice pics!

I should but I kind of like this set up better, the pictures are larger and in my opinion better quality.

But, I'm not stealing bandwidth :P

Brenda @ Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:41 am

These pics are beautifull! Man, am I jealous of your peace and quiet, and your idea of a weekend off! :P

Keep posting them! :)

Snorkmaiden @ Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:30 am

Wow that looks like a lot of fun!! Thanks LightStarr for sharing..keep 'em pics coming ! :D

1  2  Next