Canada Kicks Ass
Has Norwalk got to you yet?

Blue_Nose @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:56 pm

Apparently the latest craze is getting hit by this Norwalk virus. I first heard of the outbreak at MtA, and later at StFX, and my brother informed me this evening that it's been making rounds over at UNB. I'm assuming it hits in places other than Universities, but those seem to be the locations that it's affecting the most.

No word of it reaching Dal just yet, but I'm guessing, with all the other affected universities, that it's only a matter of time. Several alerts have been sent out, and the technical library here has bottles of hand sanitizer all over the place.

kitty @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:11 pm

OMG.... i had Norwalk a few years ago. i have never been so sick in all my life. i could not walk or stand i was so dizzy. i spent the day in bed curled up in a ball except for the time spent in the bathroom. i do not know which end was worse because at one point i had to stand in the shower just to keep up. Disgusting and vile.

Stay healthy!

Blue_Nose @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:30 pm

Wow... that makes me feel a whole lot better :lol:

I heard the 'effects' aren't the most pleasant.... how long does it last?

camerontech @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:37 pm

it's usually just a 24 hour thing. I had it about 4 years back.....it was hell, I've never ever felt that terrible, I seriously wanted to die.

kitty @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:39 pm

i woke up Christmas Eve feeling like i was going to die but by the next day i was so much better.

Blue_Nose @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:42 pm

PDT_Armataz_01_23

kitty @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:56 pm

oh no BN you don't look so good..... are you feeling ok?

Blue_Nose @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:04 pm

I don't know.... I'm kind of glad I tried that hand sanitizer stuff out on my way out this evening!

Blue_Nose @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:10 pm

kitty kitty:
i woke up Christmas Eve feeling like i was going to die but by the next day i was so much better.
That's a nice Christmas present... not feeling like you're going to die.

kitty @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:11 pm

for more than one reason, i have the hand sanitizer in my purse, car, desk and right by the door. i use it faithfully.

OnTheIce @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:15 pm

I had it really bad. Due to the vomitting and crapping at the same time, I was so dehydrated I had to be hospitalized.

Make sure that if you do indeed get Norwalk, keep hydrated! Small sips of water to prevent vomitting.

xerxes @ Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:57 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Apparently the latest craze is getting hit by this Norwalk virus. I first heard of the outbreak at MtA, and later at StFX, and my brother informed me this evening that it's been making rounds over at UNB. I'm assuming it hits in places other than Universities, but those seem to be the locations that it's affecting the most.

No word of it reaching Dal just yet, but I'm guessing, with all the other affected universities, that it's only a matter of time. Several alerts have been sent out, and the technical library here has bottles of hand sanitizer all over the place.

I don't live out east, but just like ay other time there's a nasty flu going around, I start washing my hands twice as much (which brings it up to twice a day! :wink: )

Mind you, that didn't save last January. There was a nasty flu going around campus and I, like 1/3 of the campus got it. For a day and half I wished I would die just to get it over with.