Canada Kicks Ass
Just found this section!

Janis @ Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:31 am

[font=Verdana]Hey guys!

I just found this section of the forum (I think it's me but I see a new part of the forum every time I visit, that i didn't even know existed :? )

Anyway, I'm from a little place called Hd St Margarets Bay (outside Halifax) NS, but I moved overseas in 1990. I've been home a couple times to visit but Australia is home to me now.

Sure do miss a lot of things from home, Canadian people for one :D. Canadian Bacon for another!!! I don't miss the weather tho! I live in the tropics over here, means shorts all year round. In fact we only have two seasons up here, The Wet and The Dry.

Hope to get to know a couple people here, been reading some of the old threads. The lobster pics were good to see, spent alot of time on the water when I was growing up and do alot of fishing over here now.

Cheers!
Janis[/font]

-Mario- @ Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:56 am

Sounds like you traded countries to enjoys the beach, year round :)

Janis @ Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:03 pm

[quote="-Mario-"]Sounds like you traded countries to enjoys the beach, year round :)[/q]

[font=Verdana]Yeah, it's a hard life. :lol: No swimming where I am tho, there are crocodiles and poisonous jellyfish in the water up here. :cry:

Cheers!
Janis[/font]

fatbasturd @ Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:38 pm

You ever vist the tuna pens?

Janis @ Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:56 pm

fatbasturd fatbasturd:
You ever vist the tuna pens?

errr..no :? Where are they?

Mostly just spent time out around Clam Island and off Queensland beach, and fishing for mackerel when they were running.

My husband did longliner Tuna fishing here in Aus and I went out with them for the week, ending up being deckhand as the young fella they had out as a noob got sea sick before they even left the breakwall... :lol:

That was good fun, pulled in a few yellow fins and a massive dolphin fish myself, and a mako shark. Lots of fun.

Cheers
Janis