Canada Kicks Ass
The bloc will have a vote in parlement on the Québec nation!

1  2  3  Next

Elvis @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:24 pm

Now that the Liberal have been given enough rope it's time to hang them with it :twisted:

$1:
Ottawa - Le Bloc force un vote sur la nation québécoise

Presse Canadienne (PC) Isabelle Rodrigue, 21/11/2006 18h57

Déjà fort empêtrés dans leur débat sur la reconnaissance du Québec comme nation, les libéraux fédéraux ont eu la surprise de constater que, sans attendre d'invitation, le Bloc québécois a l'intention d'y mettre son grain de sel ou, plutôt, son grain de sable.

À quelques jours de l'ouverture du congrès au leadership libéral, le Bloc québécois a décidé de profiter de sa journée d'opposition pour présenter un de ses classiques.

Jeudi, le chef Gilles Duceppe présentera la motion suivante aux Communes: «Que cette Chambre reconnaisse que les Québécoises et les Québécois forment une nation»; forçant du coup un débat sur la question et, surtout, la tenue d'un vote.

Ce vote pourrait d'ailleurs fort bien avoir lieu mardi prochain, la veille de l'ouverture du congrès libéral à Montréal
où les militants devront justement débattre en atelier d'une résolution sur la nation québécoise.

Présentée par des militants de l'aile québécoise du Parti libéral du Canada (PLC) il y a un peu plus d'un mois maintenant, la résolution a eu pour effet de diviser et d'embêter les libéraux. Des candidats au leadership, seul Michael Ignatieff s'est dit en faveur, les autres profitant de l'occasion pour attaquer celui qui est considéré comme le favori de la course.

Pour tenter de calmer le jeu, plusieurs ténors du parti travaillent maintenant en coulisses pour suggérer une formule de compromis qui pourrait permettre au PLC de sauver la face lors de son congrès.

C'était sans compter sur la tactique du Bloc.

Ce n'est pas la première fois que le parti présente aux Communes une motion visant à reconnaître le Québec comme nation. En octobre 2003, alors que Jean Chrétien était toujours aux commandes du pays et du PLC, une motion du Bloc (confirmant le Québec comme nation et confirmant un droit de retrait avec pleine compensation financière pour toute initiative fédérale faisant intrusion dans les juridictions québécoises) avait été battue par 168 votes contre 38.

À l'époque, les députés alliancistes (dont plusieurs siègent comme conservateurs actuellement) s'étaient prononcés contre la motion, à l'exception d'un seul (Rob Anders).

Partial Translation
Thursday, Gilles Duceppe will present the following motion in the Communes: "That this Room recognizes that the Québécois and the Inhabitants of Quebec form a nation"; forcing a debate on the question and, especially, a vote. This vote would take place next Tuesday, the day before of the opening of the liberal congress in Montreal :twisted:

Whuahahahah this is gonna be good [eat]

Banff @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:19 pm

Yeah Right :twisted: ...the best it will do is change the landscape of voting and make the vote like the US (every province has an equal vote no more population votes ) They have a right to speak french, eat poutine , and refuse to shave their legs just like the first nations have a right to build teepees , get drunk , and hunt . anything else is treason and should be treated as so . :P

Elvis @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:25 pm

So how do you think the liberal member will vote on this?

And the conservative?

What would be the political fallout of such a vote?

$1:
and refuse to shave their legs just

That's the women in the Yukon that don't shave there leg. And I understand them.

RUEZ @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:32 pm

Banff Banff:
Yeah Right :twisted: ...the best it will do is change the landscape of voting and make the vote like the US (every province has an equal vote no more population votes ) They have a right to speak french, eat poutine , and refuse to shave their legs just like the first nations have a right to build teepees , get drunk , and hunt . anything else is treason and should be treated as so . :P
That made me laugh. :lol:

RUEZ @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:34 pm

Elvis Elvis:

And the conservative?

So what does this do for you? You can call yourself a nation so what? It doesn't change your position in the world or even in Canada for that matter. You're the same as you were the day before.

Arctic_Menace @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:36 pm

I don't midn population votes all that much, since that way, 13 million people don't lose out to 5 million people. Seems more democratic in that sense. "Majority rule". However, ahving said that, I do realise that pop. based voting has a lot of holes and is unfair in some ways...

Elvis @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:40 pm

You know that I'm an ''Evil separatist'' Ruez and that I don't really give a crap about this. Neither is Gille Ducepp BTW. But it is the Fédéraliste in Québec that want to reforme the Constitution and include Québec in it.

The strategy is to force the Liberal to make a stand before there nationnal congress in montreal. And also to show Québecer how litle the ROC think of them.

Banff @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:43 pm

Elvis Elvis:

And the conservative?

$1:
and refuse to shave their legs just

That's the women in the Yukon that don't shave there leg. And I understand them.

K fine I'll be serious for a minute if I can keep a straight face ....The whole topic would go nowhere because it would open a larger can of worms ie : who's to say any other multiculture could not request the same thing . If one wants to do business in another language then so be it ...they will probably not get very far and they could only blame themselves for lack of interest .

I am a nation so can I do the same ? I really think Canada should engage in a civil ..........

Banff @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:56 pm

BTW Quebec is not the problem its Ottawa . As long as Quebec wants to provide their own standards that is just fine with me but would those standards
go against Canada and in turn grant your seperatist values . This is why the federalists want to include Quebec ...

Clogeroo @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:57 pm

$1:
If one wants to do business in another language then so be it ...they will probably not get very far and they could only blame themselves for lack of interest .

The people here seem to be fine doing that. Even in the employment paper it says must speak Korean or must speak mandarin to get a job. Much like how the first nations were killed and outnumbered the same thing will happen to the English in Canada except most people are holding the door open to them and letting them do it. :P The first nations didn't have a chance and we do yet will do nothing or will even give into these people who think they should form their own nations. I guess they got the last laugh after all watching Canada crumble and seeing the English be conquered.

Banff @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:07 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:
If one wants to do business in another language then so be it ...they will probably not get very far and they could only blame themselves for lack of interest .

The people here seem to be fine doing that. Even in the employment paper it says must speak Korean or must speak mandarin to get a job. Much like how the first nations were killed and outnumbered the same thing will happen to the English in Canada except most people are holding the door open to them and letting them do it. :P The first nations didn't have a chance and we do yet will do nothing or will even give into these people who think they should form their own nations. I guess they got the last laugh after all watching Canada crumble and seeing the English be conquered.

I think Canada should engage in a civil ...the escalation of multicultural rights is going to cause one ,(eventually) and it will all start with an increase in prejudism and physical assaults until we look like Israel with english and french not allowed in each others communities or on their roads and war zones with suicide bombers . Taking away their daycare program might just be enough to cause them to do so .

Numure @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:27 pm

Banff Banff:

You fail at politics. Off topic, or ignorant.

Numure @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:29 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:

So what does this do for you? You can call yourself a nation so what? It doesn't change your position in the world or even in Canada for that matter. You're the same as you were the day before.[/quote]

Exactly!! You just got it all right. It won't change anything, its only symbolique. You know, it's small acts like the one asked here, that could put the hole unity issue far behind us.

Banff @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:47 pm

Numure Numure:
Banff Banff:

You fail at politics. Off topic, or ignorant.

Thankyou :D

Mr_Canada old @ Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:53 pm

Excuse me. I'm going to go puke my guts out knowing that Canada would allow such a fucking party to even exist.

I don't knwo what our Liberals are trying to pull. If they are trying to get Quebecois Support, they are jsut going to lose the entire province.

That's right, Quebec is a PROVINCE.

A Province of the NATION of CANADA.

And always fucking will be.

1  2  3  Next