Canada Kicks Ass
BC Election poll: Liberals are now neck and neck with NDP

Previous  1  2  3  Next

Public_Domain @ Sun May 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Having listened to the local candidates, the Liberal seems more conservative than the Conservative. The Conservative talking about how it "just makes sense" to tax the rich higher and protect social programs while the Liberal goes on and on about business as his platform.

westmanguy @ Sun May 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Haha. You'll all hate me then. Just got a phone call and I'm off canvassing door-to-door with 150+ people tomorrow in Vancouver-Point Grey for Christy and then we get to have pizza with the Premier after!

I love being in a big enough city where volunteer opps like this are available. :)

herbie @ Sun May 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Yes I know. And everyday I see a tech from 200 miles away or a courier bringing toilet paper or an electrician from the big city go to the gov't office next door and relish in the thought my own gov't hasn't spent so much as ONE CENT in my shop, or the local alarm guy's or the local electrician's.

stratos @ Sun May 12, 2013 8:06 pm

westmanguy wrote:
Haha. You'll all hate me then. Just got a phone call and I'm off canvassing door-to-door with 150+ people tomorrow in Vancouver-Point Grey for Christy and then we get to have pizza with the Premier after!

I love being in a big enough city where volunteer opps like this are available. :)

I do agree with you there. It is always great to see people get involved on the local level ini polotics. Enjoy that pizza and time with the Premier.

Gunnair @ Sun May 12, 2013 8:18 pm

westmanguy wrote:

Betcha it's Village Cardboard Pizza and a Pop Shop cola :P

Hyack @ Sun May 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Definitely gonna be Pop Shop cola, as for the cardboa...errrrr....."pizza".....

westmanguy @ Sun May 12, 2013 9:01 pm

Dear lord its always dominoes....

University events...office parties...political get togethers. Always dominoes. I swear they have contracts. So sick of Dominoes Pepperoni after 3 years of university/political volunteering.

westmanguy @ Sun May 12, 2013 9:04 pm

I love it too actually. I have many NDP/federal Liberal friends and we get along great. Sure, we can get into some arguments over beers but there is a lot of mutual respect there when you're not in a pinned up setting.

My particular enjoyment with BC politics is that I have many federal Liberal (Trudeau Kool-Aid'ers) friends and provincial politics is an opportunity for me to work with them as we are all on the same team.

All but one of the federal Grits I know are BC Liberal/Clark supporters so its fun to bridge those gaps between the federal Liberals/federal Tories in BC politics.

Public_Domain @ Sun May 12, 2013 11:11 pm

The Conservatives and Liberals won't stop FUCKING CALLING!

Apparently a voting place is at a church about a 15 minute walk from where I live.

My candidate isn't running, so I'm not voting.

Canadian_Mind @ Sun May 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Public_Domain wrote:
The Conservatives and Liberals won't stop FUCKING CALLING!

Apparently a voting place is at a church about a 15 minute walk from where I live.

My candidate isn't running, so I'm not voting.

I thought you were in Alberta?

Public_Domain @ Sun May 12, 2013 11:31 pm

I'm in about 14 locations right now, but once these nootropics set in it'll probably bump me up to 17.

Canadian_Mind @ Mon May 13, 2013 12:01 am

Public_Domain wrote:
I'm in about 14 locations right now, but once these nootropics set in it'll probably bump me up to 17.

So you're effectively an unemployed couch-surfing douche bag who espouses the benifits of communism while living off the backs and hard work of the people who support him? Nicely done! I will buy you a beer and a meal if we ever meet (up to $37.62)! [B-o]

Public_Domain @ Mon May 13, 2013 12:05 am

Well aren't you polite...

Canadian_Mind @ Mon May 13, 2013 12:08 am

Public_Domain wrote:
Well aren't you polite...

It's almost 40 bucks, that'll buy you steak dinner and a schooner of Richards Red at a Montana's.

In all seriousness, why are you at 14 diff locations currently, and 17 in the future? :?

PS. I will pay for dinner if we ever meet, presuming it doesn't go above the pre-disclosed amount.

Public_Domain @ Mon May 13, 2013 12:10 am

It was a random joke. I moved back to BC a year or so ago.

I'm quite good on the dinner offer and can't think of the last meal I ate that cost more than $20, though if I'm living in a dumpster by that point it'd be pretty damn stupid of me to refuse.

Why $37.62?

Previous  1  2  3  Next