Canada Kicks Ass
ICBC Sucks!

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 9  Next

Robair @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:07 am

xerxes xerxes:
As usual, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I've never had a problem with ICBC's service. They've screwed me over, but they were quick about it.

There' may be no free choice, but I can live with it as car insurance is still cheaper than in provinces with privatized insurance companies.

It sure as hell is not! Now you don't know what YOU are talking about.

If BC isn't the most expensive place in Canada, it's a close second. BC residents get screwed so bad, I'm suprised there hasn't been some kind of revolt.

Have you ever insured vehicles anywhere else?

crystalsm @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:11 am

I've never insured a vehicle anywhere else other than where I am now, but it costs me $180/month to insure my 2008 G6.

Robair @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:21 am

crystalsm crystalsm:
I've never insured a vehicle anywhere else other than where I am now, but it costs me $180/month to insure my 2008 G6.

$78.68 in Saskatchewan. http://www.sgi.sk.ca:8080/VehicleFeeCalculator/make.do

Nice eh?

crystalsm @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:24 am

That definitely looks a lot more appealing.

RUEZ @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:24 am

It costs me 90 bucks for a brand new car.

Robair @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:27 am

RUEZ RUEZ:

That would mean something if we knew where you lived and what car you drive. :|

crystalsm @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:29 am

Mine should go down some more when I'm eligible for all the discounts. I think the first couple payments were $210 or somewhere around there.

RUEZ @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:30 am

Robair Robair:
RUEZ RUEZ:

That would mean something if we knew where you lived and what car you drive. :|

We are talking about ICBC right?

RUEZ @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:32 am

crystalsm crystalsm:
Mine should go down some more when I'm eligible for all the discounts. I think the first couple payments were $210 or somewhere around there.

That's the key. When my friends and I were young we drove on our parents insurance until our 40% discount kicked in. Now I think they actually make you have your own insurance for four years. Or is that wrong?

RUEZ @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:38 am

Assuming that 0 is the best insurance rating you can have, and I have roadstar in BC. I would pay nearly identical premiums in sask. 91 bucks.

crystalsm @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:39 am

I'm honestly not totally sure how it works now. I'm pretty sure you get a discount after x numbers of years of safe driving, and also when you turn a certain age. I could be wrong though.

After using that calculator and putting in 0 as the safety rating, my quote went up to 97.32 though it could be with all discounts included, as lily mentioned.

Robair @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:41 am

lily lily:
crystalsm crystalsm:

I'm guessing the number Robair quoted for you included the maximum discounts.
My bad, using 0 she would pay $96.88. Ain't "no fault" insurance grand?

lily lily:
I used "0" as the safety thing, assuming that's the best one, and I got a lower number too... however, I live in the lower mainland, so I'm already paying more than some other areas in the province. Also, that calculator didn't take usage of the vehicle into account, other than whether it was to be used on a farm.
That's because other than that, it don't matter. It's been a long time, but I know I never answered questions like "will you be driving this to work?"

RUEZ @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:43 am

Actually I was wrong, I tried it again and put in 13 for safety rating and my premiums would have been even lower. 70 bucks. Damn ICBC is ripping us off.

Robair @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:46 am

crystalsm crystalsm:
After using that calculator and putting in 0 as the safety rating, my quote went up to 97.32 though it could be with all discounts included, as lily mentioned.
That's what you pay if you move to SK with zero history. That is also what you pay if you are a brand new, 16 year old driver.

I'm trying to open your eyes residents of BC! :lol:

SprCForr @ Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:55 am

$1,200 and change for a year. Two cars, a truck and a boat.

Alberta, in the sticks rate. The nice break came from having the house and contents with the same company.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 9  Next