Canada Kicks Ass
Seasonal unemployment for roofer that just got fired?

1  2  Next

lazarus102 @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:29 am

I Just got on with a roofing company and got fired after only a week cuz I wasn't fully up to par after being away from roofing for a decade. But considering roofing is considered seasonal work, I wonder if I could still obtain seasonal unemployment and just say I'm taking the winter off. Like, will they try to contact my boss? Would they need evidence that I am currently working for that employer? I could likely gain unemployment regardless even if I just told the truth but I may get more or at least they wouldn't constantly harass me to be out looking for work if I was able to go on unemployment as a seasonal worker.

raydan @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:36 am

So you want to cheat the system. :evil:

Coach85 @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:44 am

lazarus102 lazarus102:
I Just got on with a roofing company and got fired after only a week cuz I wasn't fully up to par after being away from roofing for a decade. But considering roofing is considered seasonal work, I wonder if I could still obtain seasonal unemployment and just say I'm taking the winter off. Like, will they try to contact my boss? Would they need evidence that I am currently working for that employer? I could likely gain unemployment regardless even if I just told the truth but I may get more or at least they wouldn't constantly harass me to be out looking for work if I was able to go on unemployment as a seasonal worker.

Roofing isn't a seasonal job.

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:48 am

And given the number of times he's posted about it here, perhaps it's not career for him.

CharlesAnthony @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:09 am

lazarus102 lazarus102:
Like, will they try to contact my boss?
Yes.

lazarus102 lazarus102:
Would they need evidence that I am currently working for that employer?
No.

Nevertheless, you should try both and let us know how it all turns out for you.

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:58 am

raydan raydan:
So you want to cheat the system. :evil:

He really needs to move to California if he wants to do that. :wink:

llama66 @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Maybe Home Depot will hire you. For the seasonal Department, of course.

Freakinoldguy @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:51 pm

What's really sad is that he's come back on this forum still trying to get someone to validate his scams and do the leg work for him.

Time to place him on ignore because in all the time he's been gone he still hasn't learned how to use google or Ask Jeeves.

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Or we can just [popcorn]

Freakinoldguy @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:04 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Or we can just [popcorn]

Haven't we already been there, done that?

jibber-jabber-f9/need-help-taking-trip-down-south-could-use-some-info-t119346.html

lazarus102 @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
What's really sad is that he's come back on this forum still trying to get someone to validate his scams and do the leg work for him.

Time to place him on ignore because in all the time he's been gone he still hasn't learned how to use google or Ask Jeeves.

What's really sad is that I've made like a handful of posts and there's hundreds if not thousands of users on this forum and that you've dedicated enough of your life specifically towards trolling my posts. You wanna date or something?

raydan @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm

BartSimpson @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:25 pm

lazarus102 lazarus102:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

What's really sad is that I've made like a handful of posts and there's hundreds if not thousands of users on this forum and that you've dedicated enough of your life specifically towards trolling my posts. You wanna date or something?

You wanted attention on this forum and you got it.

Welcome to the Internet! [B-o]

herbie @ Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Oh don't be mean. He did work!
After serving the 16 week waiting period for getting fired, he should be entitled to at least a $1.59 EI cheque...

lazarus102 @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:01 pm

herbie herbie:
Oh don't be mean. He did work!
After serving the 16 week waiting period for getting fired, he should be entitled to at least a $1.59 EI cheque...

I know that y'all like trolling but some real answers would be appreciated. I'm not like one of those drunk natives that sit around on welfare or get a free life handed to them cuz they're native. I'm 38 and I've put in my decades of non-stop work with minimal vacations. All I want is to take this one winter off and use the time to figure out my life and be ready to do something real by summer.

1  2  Next