Canada Kicks Ass
Storm tosses BC ferry passengers

Previous  1  2

Hyack @ Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Gunnair Gunnair:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2009/11/23/bc-ferry-northern-adventure-rough-weather.html

:roll: Jebus.

7 - 10 meter waves. Try it on a 55m ship instead of a big ferry.

Did it numerous times on the old gate vessels many years ago. I can assure you that not alot of people attempted to cross the well deck in seas like that.

There appears to be a law of physics that states the bigger the ship the bigger the waves.

Strange thing is that I wasn't really scared on a Gate vessel but I certainly had the crap scared out of me numerous times on everything from DE's to Tankers.

I remember watching the rescue boat floating around the Porte Quebec's well deck as we headed down to San Fran. Miserable trip where we were wet as hell and sick as dogs. Some of the worst weather was Straits of Georgia. Mind, a 280 in the Bering Sea was no treat either.

$1:
It is Commissioning Day for HMCS Porte Quebec YMG 185 in North Vancouver, 1952. Note St Laurent class DDE under construction in the background. At this time, Porte Quebec is fitted with both boom defence gear and minesweeping equipment at the stern along with a Bofors A/A gun on the bow.

[B-o]

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:50 am

It would be nice to see Canada build all of its ships for the East, West and North coasts.

Freakinoldguy @ Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:28 pm

Hyack Hyack:
[quote="

$1:
It is Commissioning Day for HMCS Porte Quebec YMG 185 in North Vancouver, 1952. Note St Laurent class DDE under construction in the background. At this time, Porte Quebec is fitted with both boom defence gear and minesweeping equipment at the stern along with a Bofors A/A gun on the bow.

[B-o]

Thanks for the memories Hyack.

So that's what they looked like without all the dents, dings and scrapes the reserves put in them. :lol:

Good hardy seaboats that were indestructible...........thank god.

Gunnair @ Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Hyack Hyack:
[quote="

$1:

[B-o]

Thanks for the memories Hyack.

So that's what they looked like without all the dents, dings and scrapes the reserves put in them. :lol:

Good hardy seaboats that were indestructible...........thank god.

Oh let's not forget you reg force folks. :twisted:

martin14 @ Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:00 am

Brenda Brenda:
So when you buy a used ship, you don't check it? You don't do a "home inspection"? Please. Especially when you buy from the Spanish, who are filthy and known to not take care of their shit...

ROTFL ROTFL

Yesterday was on the ferry between Barcelona and Genova,
Italian boat.

What an unbelievable piece of junk. :evil:

Imagine the Queen series not getting any maintenance for
about 20 years, and you get the picture.

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:08 am

Sort of like state of the art Indonesian and Filipinno ferries.

Previous  1  2