Canada Kicks Ass
US anexation

1  2  Next

Dr Caleb @ Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:36 pm

Hmmm. They are having trouble maintaining order in a country the size of one of our ten provinces, full of little brown people who look and sound nothing like them.<br /> <br /> I say, bring it. It would be the biggest black eye the US ever gave itself on the world stage. All pretence of being a force for 'good' would be lost, forever.

Brent Swain @ Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:53 pm

The Seattle base sailing rag " 48 north" published some rude and ignorant comments by the Editor, Richard Hazleton , saying how wonderful it will be when the US annexx's Canada, then implies it is inevitable.
I think we should send him our thoughts on such obnoxious comments to richard@48north.com
It's like a guest in your home , enjoying your hospitality, while joking about comming back later and robbing the place.
We can't afford to let any such comments go unchallenged.
Brent

sandorski @ Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:25 pm

nah, why give it the attention it craves.

sasquatch2 @ Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:43 pm

Why would Canada annex the US?...we have enough trouble with Quebec!..........

Brent Swain @ Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Letting such comment go unchallenged lets them believe we aggree. Lets blow that illusion. We can't afford not to. The stakes are too high.
Yanks sailing around the world have told me that in the US they are brainwashed to believe that everyone in the world would give his right arm to become a yank. When they got to the outside world they found out that most of us want nothing to do with the US . The said "Boy , were we ever lied to."
It only takes a few emails to further their education on this issue.
Brent

sandorski @ Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:22 pm

Brent Swain Brent Swain:
Letting such comment go unchallenged lets them believe we aggree. Lets blow that illusion. We can't afford not to. The stakes are too high.
Yanks sailing around the world have told me that in the US they are brainwashed to believe that everyone in the world would give his right arm to become a yank. When they got to the outside world they found out that most of us want nothing to do with the US . The said "Boy , were we ever lied to."
It only takes a few emails to further their education on this issue.
Brent

No it doesn't. Most Americans are not going to listen to the guy.

Brent Swain @ Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:51 pm

Promoting apathy amounts to treason on this issue. Hitler and any other invaders all had their quislings in the countries they invaded. Canada is no exception
What part of the US are you in?
Brent

sandorski @ Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Brent Swain Brent Swain:
Promoting apathy amounts to treason on this issue. Hitler and any other invaders all had their quislings in the countries they invaded. Canada is no exception
What part of the US are you in?
Brent

Treason? Wow, should I flee somewhere to escape my death??

Not in the US. You're just getting Trolled by some random American making outlandish comments that have no influence on what will happen. I suppose you could go and "straighten" him out, I suppose, but I'm not going to waste my time doing it.

sasquatch2 @ Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 am

Brent Swain

$1:
Yanks sailing around the world have told me that in the US they are brainwashed to believe that everyone in the world would give his right arm to become a yank.

Or then maybe it's the millions of immigrants the Americans see---legal and illegal.
Who brainwashed them?

Sgt_ShockNAwe @ Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:25 pm

I'd say the rebuttal should be delivered by a Canadian sailing rag out of Victoria, and kindly tell him he's not invited to the next Swiftsure. Or if he comes anyway, he may be met by man-o-wars running out the guns at the entrance to Victoria harbour ;)

BaggerBob @ Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:45 am

Dr Caleb Dr Caleb:
Hmmm. They are having trouble maintaining order in a country the size of one of our ten provinces, full of little brown people who look and sound nothing like them.<br />
<br />
I say, bring it. It would be the biggest black eye the US ever gave itself on the world stage. All pretence of being a force for 'good' would be lost, forever.

I know that I'm new here but where is the article that is being discussed? If it truly happened provide a link or scan the article. Otherwise all we have is your word.

Brent Swain Brent Swain:
The Seattle base sailing rag " 48 north" published some rude and ignorant comments by the Editor, Richard Hazleton , saying how wonderful it will be when the US annexx's Canada, then implies it is inevitable.
I think we should send him our thoughts on such obnoxious comments to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's like a guest in your home , enjoying your hospitality, while joking about comming back later and robbing the place.
Brent

All I can see is an e-mail address without any evidence. Anyone can say that someone else said something and post their e-mail address so that they get lots of hate mail.

sandorski @ Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:54 am

BaggerBob BaggerBob:
Dr Caleb Dr Caleb:
Hmmm. They are having trouble maintaining order in a country the size of one of our ten provinces, full of little brown people who look and sound nothing like them.<br />
<br />
I say, bring it. It would be the biggest black eye the US ever gave itself on the world stage. All pretence of being a force for 'good' would be lost, forever.

I know that I'm new here but where is the article that is being discussed? If it truly happened provide a link or scan the article. Otherwise all we have is your word.

Brent Swain Brent Swain:
I think we should send him our thoughts on such obnoxious comments to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Brent

All I can see is an e-mail address without any evidence. Anyone can say that someone else said something and post their e-mail address so that they get lots of hate mail.

He's talking about Iraq.

BaggerBob @ Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:13 am

sandorski sandorski:
He's talking about Iraq.

He is? Wow, I never would have guessed.

How did you reach that conclusion? I see nothing in the first post that I can even remotely link to Iraq even after you tell me that it is. I guess I'll have to wait for my secret psychic hat to arrive in the mail. They are sending me one aren't they?

Dr Caleb @ Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:20 am

No, this thread was in response to some comments that the US and Canada signed an agreement to share troops in the event of civil emergencies. Some of the more paranoid among us were saying it was a prelude to invasion.

The original Vive thread is lost on me at the moment, where I pointed to this new thread as a tangent to it.

BaggerBob @ Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:31 am

OK, this makes more sense to me. I remember reading an article on the subject but because I'm not allowed to post URLs yet I can't post the links. My biggest concern would be if a terrorist group such as the FLQ started causing problems again or Quebec was successful in a separation referendum. Especially since the separatists tried to split the military by sending letters to francophone officers the last time around. The instability cause by them would likely be the excuse needed for the Americans to cross our border.

But you are either going to have to provide more info in the future or send me my psychic hat?

1  2  Next