Canada Kicks Ass
Americans seem unaware of the Looney's value.

Previous  1  2

Lemmy @ Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:46 am

Not sure if it qualifies as 'fine dining', but Sal & Carmines pizza on Broadway is as good a pizza as you'll get anywhere on Earth.

EyeBrock @ Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:49 am

We are actually going there on Saturday night. Coincidence eh?

DanSC @ Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 pm

I keep Canadian currency in a safe just for this purpose.

Tman1 @ Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:00 pm

That's some good investment. Where's yer safe? :wink:

DanSC @ Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Tman1 Tman1:

Considering how long the cash has been in there, I'm sure it's worth something to a collector.

herbie @ Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Yogi Yogi:
Retailers on both sides of the border are going to do whatever they can to squeeze consumers. Remember the hoopla surrounding the 2 prices on books and greeting cards; $4.99 U.S./$5.99 Canadian. I was looking at books in Wallyworld the other day, and all the books now have 'after market' price tags stuck on them. I peeled back a couple of stickers, and you guessed it. We still pay the highest price on the books!
IF you can still find a retailer that isn't covering both prices, you can make the purchase at the lower price in U.S. funds.

You haven't bought a book in while? $8.99 US / $11.99 Cdn
Just about shit when I saw one on the shelf marked $8.99 US / $9.99 Cdn the other day. Already bought it in Costco for $6 something...

Couple of years back when the dollar went above par I complained to the manager in a grocery store that they were charging the full price for books.
get this: She answered "So who reads books anyway?"

Gunnair @ Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:46 pm

herbie herbie:
Yogi Yogi:
Retailers on both sides of the border are going to do whatever they can to squeeze consumers. Remember the hoopla surrounding the 2 prices on books and greeting cards; $4.99 U.S./$5.99 Canadian. I was looking at books in Wallyworld the other day, and all the books now have 'after market' price tags stuck on them. I peeled back a couple of stickers, and you guessed it. We still pay the highest price on the books!
IF you can still find a retailer that isn't covering both prices, you can make the purchase at the lower price in U.S. funds.

Just about shit when I saw one on the shelf marked $8.99 US / $9.99 Cdn the other day. Already bought it in Costco for $6 something...

Couple of years back when the dollar went above par I complained to the manager in a grocery store that they were charging the full price for books.

Buy eBooks...

Public_Domain @ Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:58 pm

herbie herbie:
Yogi Yogi:

Tman1 @ Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 am

DanSC DanSC:
Tman1 Tman1:

Considering how long the cash has been in there, I'm sure it's worth something to a collector.

Yeah, the American economy.

Previous  1  2