Canada Kicks Ass
Booing U.S. kids was disgraceful

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Wullu @ Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:34 pm

Avro Avro:

Wullu Wullu:
Ask the men of the 3rd Div and the Polish Armoured Div from the battles of Normandy when 6 Bomber Group bombed our troops.

Who bombed who now?

6 Group was the all Canadian bomber group of RAF Bomber Command. During a bombing of German positions to soften them up for a Canadian/Polish attack. They missed. By almost a mile. In broad day light. Over 300 Canadian and Polish casualties was the result.

So good of you to know the names of the Patricias that died that night. You still used their deaths in a childish and vain attempt at a flame.

I am more than aware of the costs of this war. The largest percentage of our dead from the war on terror are buried within 50km of me.

PostManPat @ Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:55 pm

The only reason the US got boo'ed was because of Jack Johnson, its as simple as that.

Regina @ Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:56 pm

Avro Avro:
Regina Regina:
Avro you're ignoring the fact that Canada has done this as well many years ago. I would say that's the Kettle meeting the Pot in this case. By your lack in knowledge of 6 Bomber group and making the statements you did........that makes you the hypocrite. Squadrons were pulled out of service because of that one incident. You should read up on it a bit, then reconsider what you've said.

Of course I know we have done it but not with high tech equipment on board and a completetly different battle and era.

Were squadrons pulled out of the U.S. airforce? Nope, a mere hand slap and then thousands of NYI fans booing our national anthem.

I wonder how many cons on this site found that upsetting.

Which leads us back to the topic of the thread. :roll:

Ummm it wasn't a whole squadron of US high tech equipment that dropped the bombs, it was one. The equipment at the time WAS high tech and there were precautions taken for that not to have happened. Instead it was a bombing group that did the deed which the Polish are still very sensitive about. Should the Polish come on this board and hold you personally responsible? But then you already knew that considering you know the circumstances that surrounded the incident.

Wullu @ Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:26 pm

Avro Avro:
Regina Regina:
Avro Avro:
Regina Regina:
Avro you're ignoring the fact that Canada has done this as well many years ago. I would say that's the Kettle meeting the Pot in this case. By your lack in knowledge of 6 Bomber group and making the statements you did........that makes you the hypocrite. Squadrons were pulled out of service because of that one incident. You should read up on it a bit, then reconsider what you've said.

Of course I know we have done it but not with high tech equipment on board and a completetly different battle and era.

Were squadrons pulled out of the U.S. airforce? Nope, a mere hand slap and then thousands of NYI fans booing our national anthem.

I wonder how many cons on this site found that upsetting.

Which leads us back to the topic of the thread. :roll:

Ummm it wasn't a whole squadron of US high tech equipment that dropped the bombs, it was one. The equipment at the time WAS high tech and there were precautions taken for that not to have happened. Instead it was a bombing group that did the deed which the Polish are still very sensitive about. Should the Polish come on this board and hold you personally responsible? But then you already knew that considering you know the circumstances that surrounded the incident.

Why would the Polish blame me for American bombs falling on them.......and us?

Try reading the posts first. Americans did not bomb us in Normandy. Canadians bombed Canadians and Poles. The entire group was stood down for a period of time to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. As to the squadron that the Falcons came from that bombed the guys in Afghanistan, it to was stood down for a short period to find out what happened and why.

You can have all the hi tech gear in the world and guess what? Fratricide is still going to happen. This ain't a video game over there where the game tells you the good guys from the bad. This is real world combat running 24 hours a day. So long as human beings are in the mix human beings will die from mistakes, both human and mechanical.

Wullu @ Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:51 pm

Avro Avro:
CBC

Surpising me not at all the CBC got it wrong. It was 6 Group not 8th Air Force.

Wullu @ Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:55 pm

Avro Avro:
$1:
So long as human beings are in the mix human beings will die from mistakes, both human and mechanical.

Yep, so lets remind soldiers going into battle shall we.

They need no reminder. They are something called professionals, amoung the best in the world at what they do.

Tman1 @ Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:29 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
Tman1 Tman1:
Delwin Delwin:
Avro Avro:
USA 2
Finnland 4

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Canada 5
Russia 0

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

:D

In the Americans defence, they were apparently rather traumatised by the booing and this may have effected their performance. [laughat]

I doubt it. If you have no heart, you don't win games. Individual effort doesn't cut it as the Russians found out.

I thought the Americans had alot of heart as well as grit and talent. They were the favourites right? Losing to Finland was meaningless because their heart wasn't in it after losing to the GM chance against the Russians.

$1:
I thought the Americans had alot of heart as well as grit and talent. They were the favourites right? Losing to Finland was meaningless because their heart wasn't in it after losing to the GM chance against the Russians.

Talent? Oh of course. However if you watched any of the American games you will note that Phil Kessel and the like do too much grand standing and individual effort and this does not make an effective team game. Sure they can win games like that but it seemed to me they gave up when they lost to the Canadians or rather that haunting tie that the Swiss handed them. Being the favourites you will note in World Jr's means squat all. This years tournament proved that. Your last statement just exemplifies what I said, they had no heart at the end of the tournament but they did at the begining. It is sad and disgusting the way they were booed but I don't think thats why it hampered their chances. See Bob Mckenzies columns on TSN on his views on the American team.

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  Next