Canada Kicks Ass
Canada needs a CCW and Stand Your Ground law

Previous  1 ... 28  29  30  31  32  33  Next

Xort @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:44 am

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
I'd venture to say that the large majority of people wouldn't share your opinion.

How many different police forces with different training are around?
'The police' is not a single group.

Gunnair Gunnair:
Hey Xort, got those shooting stats yet?

As I've ask a few times before, what sort of stats would you like? What weapons, ranges, targets, situations, times.

Jonny_C @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:56 am

Xort Xort:

Look back. You lumped them all together. But it's a silly point to try to make anyway.

And whether the training is handled by a number of police forces has absolutely nothing to do with whether the training is good.

Gunnair @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Xort Xort:
Jonny_C Jonny_C:
I'd venture to say that the large majority of people wouldn't share your opinion.

Gunnair Gunnair:
Hey Xort, got those shooting stats yet?

As I've ask a few times before, what sort of stats would you like? What weapons, ranges, targets, situations, times.

You actually have not.

What's your score for hitting a moving target while being fired upon?

Xort @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
And whether the training is handled by a number of police forces has absolutely nothing to do with whether the training is good.

Well different forces might have different training standards. But it seems that no matter where you get a report from, the police tend to fire way too much and miss far to often to be held up as the standard of safe conduct for using a firearm in a populated area.

Gunnair Gunnair:
You actually have not.
Should I provide a link and quote myself?
$1:

Score? Sorry how do you get a score from a combat situation that doesn't have a forensic investigation to track everyone's shots?

To answer your question my record is 100% of my shots scoring first round hits on movers, static targets, and combinations of people firing at me with both effective and uneffective fire out to a max range of just over 3,500m.

Again I will ask you to provide a better question. Like noteing on what weapons, over how long a time, what scoring method would you use, ranges, how to factor complex changing conditions like lighting or inclimate weather.

Hur what's ur score? Isn't a very good question, as I have come to expect from you, and the more often posters on this board.

EyeBrock @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Xort Xort:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Well, what is your particular expertise on weapon and judgement training for Canadian police?

Reported information on police shootings.
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Personally, I’d rather be at a gun call with a supposedly lesser trained cop than any gun enthusiast.

In what context? Lets say you are standing on the street, the police show up and shoot you while they are trying to hit some suspect. I guess it's better to get hit by the police?

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I'm not frustrated Benn! As usual, Xort buggers off when he/it is challenged to back up his/its load of old bollocks. He's gone all quiet again.

I haven't buggered off, you present nothing so much as an arugment and think that's sufficent.

Let me reply to you as you reply to me:

You are wrong.

So what experince do you have with the skill level of people that daily carry a pistol? How would you rate it VS the skill level of 'Canadian Police' (a rather open term if ever one was used). What would you use as your metrics?

I think I'll just save myself some effort and put you on 'ignore'. Discussion with you has proven to be futile.

Gunnair @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Xort Xort:
Jonny_C Jonny_C:

Well different forces might have different training standards. But it seems that no matter where you get a report from, the police tend to fire way too much and miss far to often to be held up as the standard of safe conduct for using a firearm in a populated area.

Gunnair Gunnair:
You actually have not.
Should I provide a link and quote myself?
$1:

Score? Sorry how do you get a score from a combat situation that doesn't have a forensic investigation to track everyone's shots?

To answer your question my record is 100% of my shots scoring first round hits on movers, static targets, and combinations of people firing at me with both effective and uneffective fire out to a max range of just over 3,500m.

Again I will ask you to provide a better question. Like noteing on what weapons, over how long a time, what scoring method would you use, ranges, how to factor complex changing conditions like lighting or inclimate weather.

Hur what's ur score? Isn't a very good question, as I have come to expect from you, and the more often posters on this board.

Hmmm... I think you're full of shit. :lol:

You're a another forum hero I see with a Victoria Cross and a Medal of Honour...

Fids like you show up from time to time...you're just the latest boring repeat. Another Jersey Shore bit of quality entertainment. :wink:

Jonny_C @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Xort Xort:
Well different forces might have different training standards.

You're assuming that different training standards would bring the average down instead of up. All that does is prove your bias.

$1:
But it seems that no matter where you get a report from, the police tend to fire way too much and miss far to often to be held up as the standard of safe conduct for using a firearm in a populated area.

"Seems" is your operative word here. "Seems" to you.

"No matter where you get a report from" (which implies ALL reports), or some high-profile reports that you've chosen as representing the entire body of evidence?

to Gunnair to Gunnair:
To answer your question my record is 100% of my shots scoring first round hits on movers, static targets, and combinations of people firing at me with both effective and uneffective {sic} fire out to a max range of just over 3,500m.

You must be the best sniper Canada has ever produced. I can't help but be skeptical.

Toastmaker @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
You must be the best sniper Canada has ever produced. I can't help but be skeptical.

That's putting it mildly.

Xort @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
You're assuming that different training standards would bring the average down instead of up. All that does is prove your bias.
I assume that different forces would have different standards and place different importance on marksmenship, and dedicate different amounts of money and time into training their officers on how to shoot.

$1:
"Seems" is your operative word here. "Seems" to you.
And it seems to others that the police are all expert marksmen that are the highest standard that can be reached with pistols.

$1:
"No matter where you get a report from" (which implies ALL reports), or some high-profile reports that you've chosen as representing the entire body of evidence?
People here other than me have already stated their dim view of police marksmenship.
$1:

Not super hard. Most of my shooting was as a tank gunner. Given a year of training you could likely be at the same level.

Again I asked for more detail when it comes to the combat shooting I've done, and I get asked; 'What's your score?'

Their are no stupid questions they say, but sometimes the questions shows how stupid the person asking it is. Asking someone 'What's your score for hitting a moving target while being fired upon?' shows the person asking is at best ignorant of firearms, but more likely just isn't able to conduct critical thinking.

So I will say again, how do you score a firefight? What metrics do you use, and what values do you asign to actions to come up with a 'score'?

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I think I'll just save myself some effort and put you on 'ignore'. Discussion with you has proven to be futile.

Just gona say two things, first you don't need to tell anyone that you are going to use the ignore function, so what you are doing is basicly being an attention whore.

Next, that's funny coming from the guy that said: "I'm not frustrated Benn! As usual, Xort buggers off when he/it is challenged to back up his/its load of old bollocks. He's gone all quiet again."

I'm not frustrated, as usual EyeBrock buggers off when he is challenged to make an argument or back up his load of crap. He's used the ignore feature.

Gunnair Gunnair:
Xort Xort:
Jonny_C Jonny_C:

Gunnair Gunnair:
Hmmm... I think you're full of shit. :lol:
Well you are entitled to wallow in your own ignorance.

Would you like to chat about tank gunnery for a bit? Or do you want to take another stand at asking me what my 'score' is for a firefight?

Lemmy @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Xort Xort:

"ur" is short for "you are": "u", being short for "you"; "r" being short for "are" and pronounced "you are". But you mean "your", which is a completely different fucking word and "ur" ain't short for it.

Xort @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
Xort Xort:
"ur" is short for "you are": "u", being short for "you"; "r" being short for "are" and pronounced "you are". But you mean "your", which is a completely different fucking word and "ur" ain't short for it.

Ur can be short for any combination of words that should like saying 'yor'

If you read it as 'Yoo Arr' (U,R), basicly saying the letters you get 'you are'.

But if you read ur as 'Yore' (like days of Yore), you get your.

But lets get to what was ment by the quetsion. How Lemmy would you asign a score to a firefight?

When I talked about the police shootings in the past, I commented on the accuracy of the shooting, or shots on target at what is called point blank range. At point blank range a shooter should be able to hit a man sized target with a pistol moving at normal human movement speeds within the front arc at rates well above 95%. At that range you can point a finger down the lenght of the frame and 'point and shoot' accurately.

Lemmy @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Xort Xort:
Ur can be short for any combination of words that should like saying 'yor'

If you read it as 'Yoo Arr' (U,R), basicly saying the letters you get 'you are'.

But if you read ur as 'Yore' (like days of Yore), you get your.

But lets get to what was ment by the quetsion. How Lemmy would you asign a score to a firefight?

ROTFL

"U" can shorten anything in any way you want. If you shorten "your" with "ur", everyone with a marginal grasp, or better, of the English language will conclude ur a moron. Shorten at will.

I would score a firefight from a safe distance if possible.

Xort @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
I would score a firefight from a safe distance if possible.

You understand the question he is trying to ask, we both do.

So you can understand how I can't answer him, given what he asked.

To futher this along I'm asking you if you can come up with some way to properly ask the question for him, as he has refused to do so in the past when I asked him to ask a better question that I could answer.

~

You know what he is asking is stupid, so why don't you just say it?

Lemmy @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 pm

"ur" trying to involve me in a discussion that I haven't the knowledge, expertise or experience to gainfully contribute to the thread. It would help things along if you would admit likewise.

Or carry on, but I called "bullshit" a long walk back.

Jonny_C @ Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Xort Xort:
And it seems to others that the police are all expert marksmen that are the highest standard that can be reached with pistols.

Nobody said that. But you have implied that all police officers are inept.

$1:
People here other than me have already stated their dim view of police marksmenship.

Yes, but not in all-or-nothing fashion, as you do. And not with the arrogance of an expert in close combat with firearms, which you have suggested.

$1:
Not super hard. Most of my shooting was as a tank gunner. Given a year of training you could likely be at the same level.

You were a tank gunner? And you equate a tank to a firearm??? That's a mind-boggling concept.

It makes you whole description about "100% with the first shot", which you made sound like prowess with a firearm, just plain ludicrous.

You don't learn about close combat with handguns and rifles by sitting in a tank and picking off hostiles with HE rounds.

Previous  1 ... 28  29  30  31  32  33  Next