Canada Kicks Ass
Canada Seeking Police Candidates from U.S - Cool !

1  2  Next

Ruxpercnd @ Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:57 pm

So, I am reading the Seattle Times online... and up pops this big ad that says,

Move UP
Now Hiring
[ a lovely pic of a Canadian Police guy and gal ]
Alberta Canada

Now, this is one of those rotating ads, but it was here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/boeingaerospace/

Click on the ad takes you here:
http://www.joineps.ca/NewsAndEvents/US% ... iting.aspx

...where it says:
US Recruiting
Check back soon to see our plans for recruiting in the US.

Well... I think that bringing in police from the U.S. is a lovely idea. What a way to get better aquainted!

If I was younger, then I would love to put on a Canadian Police Uniform. I would even bring my own gun! Maybe the problem is not enough Canadians know how to handle a handgun?

I have several pistols and just renewed my permit for concealed carry. Would you hire me show y'all how to shoot?

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Sorry. At home police are only allowed to point their fingers and say,'BANG! BANG!', thanks to new laws drafted by our politicians.

Ruxpercnd @ Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:44 am

$1:
....One of the frequently asked questions for the constables at Jobbernaut, held Wednesday at a meeting room at Qwest Field:

Where is Edmonton?.....

....with Edmonton paying officers a starting salary of $50,000 (Canadian) a year (about $48,800 U.S.), reaching $75,000 (Canadian) after five years, there was natural interest.....

Canadian cops recruiting at Seattle job fair
The police department from Edmonton, Alberta, is in Seattle recruiting for new officers:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... bs15m.html

MaineUSAGuy @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 pm

I´ve heard NY cops going to Seattle because it pays better but American cops going to another country? Interesting... 8O

Ruxpercnd @ Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 am

We now have a global economy... your job can be anywhere in the world.

MacAilbert @ Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:21 am

Do I have to already be working as a police officer in the US to do this? If not, sign me up. I was considering applying for a law enforcement job in a few years. If it's in Canada, bonus.

1Peg @ Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:30 pm

The EPS has advertising boards all over Edmonton. Hard to find people in Alberta with our economy.... Why make 50,000 per year when you can make much more.

andyt @ Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:34 pm

MacAilbert MacAilbert:
Do I have to already be working as a police officer in the US to do this? If not, sign me up. I was considering applying for a law enforcement job in a few years. If it's in Canada, bonus.

If you were let go from the navy for "social awkwardness", you'd probably not make a successful cop either.

jeff744 @ Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:03 pm

The problem isn't isolated to Edmonton, the RCMP are looking for something like 5000 more police in the next few years, the additional issue with joining is "Those fucking pigs" that seems to be uttered by every single newspaper. The police are nice and help people all the time, heck, youtube "cool cops" and you get a pretty nice list of cops just being nice, in fact a lot of them just didn't shoot somebody.

MacAilbert @ Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:12 pm

andyt andyt:
MacAilbert MacAilbert:

If you were let go from the navy for "social awkwardness", you'd probably not make a successful cop either.
Depends on what I do for the department. Not all cops are on the streets.

Plus, I can re-enlist in the Navy. When I was let go, I was told that there is a pretty good chance I can come back in a few years if I work on my social skills.

DanSC @ Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:21 pm

This is all part of Harper's plan for American annexation. He's even going to bring American cops to subdue the Canadian people. This is the only possible explanation.

BartSimpson @ Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:26 pm

I had dabbled with joining the VicPD at one time so this does not sound all that unusual.

No offense, but given some of the issues cops are likely to encounter in Alberta what with all of the money, men, and alcohol in close proximity then having a few US cops who are more used to this kind of thing is probably in order. It's also logical that you'll also have US cops policing US citizens so when a dustup takes place the painless solution will be to ship both cop and miscreant back to the USA to avoid problems.

Psudo @ Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:48 am

Dang those Americans, stealing Canadian jobs! Or, alternately, doing the jobs Canadians won't do.

Baddragon @ Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:00 am

Things are to quiet up here, a little boring.
Lets hire all those Ferguson PD cops. Guaranteed to cause a media frenzy.
Would increase tourism, promote drinking, and the guided tours for the shootouts
would be busy. Good for the economy.

p.s. In Quebec, they would have to speak french. Stop, ou ch't creve. lol

Hyack @ Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:19 am

I hope you very quickly get tired digging up these old threads as there are a great many people here who don't appreciate n00bs digging up threads that died a natural death years ago just so they can post their bon mots for the gratification of the masses.

1  2  Next