Canada Kicks Ass
Canada-U.S. Deep Integration: "Security Perimeter"

Previous  1  2  3

BartSimpson @ Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:51 pm

That whole 'no nations and no borders' thing will only work when we have one language and one culture. Until that time it's just a dream.

saturn_656 @ Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:57 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
That whole 'no nations and no borders' thing will only work when we have one language and one culture. Until that time it's just a dream.

According most people, that would be a bad thing.

If I had a dollar every time I heard or read about "endangered languages" or "endangered cultures", I'd have my vacation to the Dominican Republic paid for and then some.

BartSimpson @ Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

If I had a dollar every time I heard or read about "endangered languages" or "endangered cultures", I'd have my vacation to the Dominican Republic paid for and then some.

It's hard to have a distinctive language or culture without a defined nation. Even when you do have such things there's still civil wars. But absent a common language and a common culture then the world will remain a disapora.

saturn_656 @ Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:04 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
saturn_656 saturn_656:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

It's hard to have a distinctive language or culture without a defined nation. Even when you do have such things there's still civil wars. But absent a common language and a common culture then the world will remain a disapora.

Agreed.

tayson @ Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:40 pm

On a whole United States and Canada have common language and culture. I've never needed French language even while visiting Quebec. The majority of Canadians speak English. Like most Canadians my pop culture was provided by America! I grew up like most watching American television and films. The only difference is Canada has French, other then that, we have pretty much the same culture and language.

Apple2010 @ Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:08 pm

I am dead against this! Ever read Whose Canada? It would make you cry. We have a different culture the US is military culture Canada is not. We even see sovereignty differently.

If we go into integration Canada has the most too lose! We lose more levers of power in government which means less control over our destiny!

I recommend reading "Whose Canada" for all Canadians we are running out of time. Its the corporations that are pushing this agenda in hopes of gaining more access to US markets but it never works out for Canada. Better as we are now!

EyeBrock @ Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:41 am

What is your problem?

ShepherdsDog @ Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:52 am

I'd say genetic, congenital or possibly the result of something that occured in utero. Somebody defintely seems to have been shaking the almond and walnut trees too vigorously.

fifeboy @ Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 am

Thanos Thanos:
Remove some of the illegal agricultural subsidies that the US used to collapse the domestic Mexican farming economy and most of these people would have stayed at home anyway.

Thank you. Well said.

fifeboy @ Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:13 am

andyt andyt:

My prescription for dealing with the problem is to fine and jail the employers, rather than go after the immigrants.
But, but Andy, don't ya know the only reason they come to the U.S. is for the free medical care.

fifeboy @ Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:14 am

Repost

Apple2010 @ Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:12 pm

This is from Sen.Mobina Jaffer, ‏When I asked if Canadians should be fighting deep integration with the US she said, "We are really a different country, and do things differently." And I agree, 64% of Canadians rejected Harper, and his pro American stance. If deep integration was implemented it would be a slap in the face to everyone who opposes it mostly the the 64%!

We must not allow this, in less all Canadians have input on this.

Previous  1  2  3