Canada Kicks Ass
Do you support an Aboriginal State?

Previous  1  2  3

Scott Yee @ Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:18 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
If the Aboriginals can barely take care of their own people on their land, what on Earth makes you think they could run their own Nation/Province?

Retarded.[/quote]

Like with many governments, it is made up of people, and some people are in it for themselves.

And even if it was true, and they can't look after themselves, what's your point? Maybe Americans can't look after themselves; does that mean we should take over?

What right do YOU have to dictate how Native Americans should run their own affairs? There would be an Aboriginal State today, if it wasn't for people like YOU, who feel they have the right to take what is not yours, and then tell others how to live.

DrCaleb @ Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 am

Scott Yee Scott Yee:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
If the Aboriginals can barely take care of their own people on their land, what on Earth makes you think they could run their own Nation/Province?

Retarded.

Like with many governments, it is made up of people, and some people are in it for themselves.

And even if it was true, and they can't look after themselves, what's your point? Maybe Americans can't look after themselves; does that mean we should take over?

What right do YOU have to dictate how Native Americans should run their own affairs? There would be an Aboriginal State today, if it wasn't for people like YOU, who feel they have the right to take what is not yours, and then tell others how to live.

The Right of Conquest. Didn't we mention that? After all, it's the same right that gave 'first nations' the land that was occupied already when they got here.

martin14 @ Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:40 am

Scott Yee Scott Yee:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

Retarded.
$1:

wow, for 20 some posts, you're quite the whiny little bitch, aren't you.

Maybe you should take it a bit more easy around here.

andyt @ Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:43 am

Nope. Their oral histories say they've been here for ever. The Supreme Court recognizes those oral histories, so they must be true. Plus, conquest is only bad if the white man does it.

I've written this before: A native chief in BC wrote an article about how the white man, the bastard, had enslaved the Indian. He then went on to say that when his grandfather had slaves (Indian ones) he wouldn't allow them to do very delicate work, only the rough stuff. So you see, it's different if Indians do it to each other.

jeff744 @ Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:44 am

Scott Yee Scott Yee:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

Retarded.

What right do YOU have to dictate how Native Americans should run their own affairs? There would be an Aboriginal State today, if it wasn't for people like YOU, who feel they have the right to take what is not yours, and then tell others how to live.[/quote]
In Canada we have the right of treaties, in America they have the right of Conquest. We do have the right to dictate your affairs because right now most reserves are utterly failing to pass the poverty line. A line I lived above while paying rent, taxes, bills, gas, while working minimum wage.

DrCaleb @ Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:50 am

andyt andyt:
Nope. Their oral histories say they've been here for ever. The Supreme Court recognizes those oral histories, so they must be true. Plus, conquest is only bad if the white man does it.

I've written this before: A native chief in BC wrote an article about how the white man, the bastard, had enslaved the Indian. He then went on to say that when his grandfather had slaves (Indian ones) he wouldn't allow them to do very delicate work, only the rough stuff. So you see, it's different if Indians do it to each other.

Since courts put more weight in forensic evidence than heresay, I'm waiting for someone to challenge that with DNA evidence. ;) Some decendents of the Clovis people still live in the Baha Penisula IIRC. I'll bet they have quite a rental bill for us.

Psudo @ Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:49 pm

jeff744 jeff744:
In Canada we have the right of treaties, in America they have the right of Conquest.
Can you cite law or legal precedent on this? I doubt every tribe has the same exact legal defense, but I'm interested in the comparison of how both nations' courts handle such claims.

commanderkai @ Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:42 pm

There is no video or smiley I can find that can express the amount of laughter escaped from my mouth when I read all of that.

Previous  1  2  3