Canada Kicks Ass
Does anybody ever get the feeling we're their b!tch?

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Schleihauf @ Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:23 pm

Fuck you Canadaluvv just about everything you have said I take as an insult."We have the worst beef ever"? If I had the chance I would beat the shit out of you for saying that let alone talking shit about Canada. We were useless in the world wars?. What the hell are you talking about. We accomplished just about as much as anybody in the wars with far less troops. Well I guess by your logic all of the Allies were useless during WW2 seeing as the USSR ended the war. Like what Canadian_Mind said I'd rather be owned by the Brtish than by the U.S. If Canada is the best country in the world then why do you talk like it is one of the worst in the world?

Canadian_Mind @ Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:31 pm

Schleihauf Schleihauf:
Fuck you Canadaluvv just about everything you have said I take as an insult."We have the worst beef ever"? If I had the chance I would beat the shit out of you for saying that let alone talking shit about Canada. We were useless in the world wars?. What the hell are you talking about. We accomplished just about as much as anybody in the wars with far less troops. Well I guess by your logic all of the Allies were useless during WW2 seeing as the USSR ended the war. Like what Canadian_Mind said I'd rather be owned by the Brtish than by the U.S. If Canada is the best country in the world then why do you talk like it is one of the worst in the world?

whadda ya know, I was refered to. me am happy.

Anyways, about that line that says where he comes from... does this mean that he's a hypocrite? also, i have a very hard time findin a person in some other country in the world that says their country is the worst country in the world that he does eh. In the states and north korea it may be in fear of retribution. But everywhere, including in the states, and north korea, most people are proud of their country, regardless of how bad it is, and most of those folks don't say it is the worst country in the world, even if it is. It is lso impossible to judge who is the best or worst because of all the variables, sure you have better countries than others, but there is always something unique about a place that makes it better than the next, and vic-versa.

The Hoser @ Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:35 pm

Argueing with this n00b is very, very frustrating. I suggest you don't get involved unless you have a high tolerence for bullshit. And dont froget your hipwaders.

Canadian_Mind @ Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:41 pm

The Hoser The Hoser:
Argueing with this n00b is very, very frustrating. I suggest you don't get involved unless you have a high tolerence for bullshit. And dont froget your hipwaders.

thats what I came to this site to do. being all zen like in convo's on other boards with striked rules is boring. i like arguing with theses guys, relieves strain.

Thematic-Device @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:39 am

Northerly Northerly:
I hate to be the one to say it, but although I love Canada more then anything else, the US has turned us into it's bitch. I mean, they make fun of us all the time in the media. I don't mean just little jokes here and there, I mean full fledged attacks. ..

lets see, there was canadian bacon in 95, which rightly made fun of both countries...
There was the Canada Song in mystery science theater 3000, which came sometime in the long run betwen 88 and 99
There is the south park movie, and the song blame canada, which again was largely making fun of hyper-reactive parents
There are the simpsons episodes which include such quotes "Lets sing a song, but not a war song like the American Anthem, but a song of peace, like the canadian natl. anthem"

And thats really all I can remember... Fully fledged attacks eh? Largely its tongue in cheek, and most of it is in turn making fun of america.

$1:
Their subs go through our Northern waters when deliberately told not to.

2 questions, how would you know if we didn't tell you, and why does it matter?

BartSimpson @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:49 am

Northerly Northerly:
I hate to be the one to say it, but although I love Canada more then anything else, the US has turned us into it's bitch. I mean, they make fun of us all the time in the media. I don't mean just little jokes here and there, I mean full fledged attacks. ..also with the NAFTA, the yanks bought out all our companies, and now they're all working under the command of American billionairs. <Which is also why so many successfuls move there for occupational reasons. I don't have to mention the Arrow. During the WWII they built a highway through BC to Alaska. Their subs go through our Northern waters when deliberately told not to. If we don't follow them to every war they have a temper tantrum.

I'm sorry to say it but.. those American bastards are killing us. Until like a few days ago I said I wasn't anti-American. But now, I've had a breakthrough. I'm comfortable saying I hate America, because countless times through history they've taken advantage of us, and used us as their bitch. So I don't give a &%$# anymore. I hate America.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Canada wants to stop US subs then you'll need more than strongly worded letters of protest to stop them, you'll need a real navy. If you want the US to stop pushing you around you'll need to push back.

But most Americans honestly pay no attention to Canada and if you go off saying that you hate America then you'll garner the wrong kind of attention. I'm not lecturing you, just pointing out a reality that people won't care why you hate America, all they'll hear is that you hate America.

Your real message will be lost when you add the words "I hate America".

Stay on your real message and take it to your MP and demand that they build a strong Canada that doesn't have to take shit from anyone including the USA.

PJB @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:00 am

Good post Bart. We can't go around saying that we hate America yet your news media can say that Canada is fortunate that the United States allows us to exist.

just kidding!

I think by most parts Canadians respect Americans although we can't stand some of your foreign policies. I am sure that some Americans do not like some of Canada's policies either.

I don't hate you and most of your American bretheren but I do hate those that come across in the public forum as pompous asses thinking that they are far better than anyone else in the world because they are Americans.

Thematic-Device @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:05 am

PJB PJB:
Good post Bart. We can't go around saying that we hate America yet your news media can say that Canada is fortunate that the United States allows us to exist.

Ann Coulter is a whackjob, and thats the general consensus of the States... One person is not indicative of an entire news media, hell she doesn't even have her own show.

And with 300 million you're bound to get a few bad ones.

PJB @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:08 am

Thematic..I totally agree that Ann Coulter is a waste of skin but she is on television and out doing speaking tours promoting this type of thinking.

Thematic-Device @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:36 am

PJB PJB:
Thematic..I totally agree that Ann Coulter is a waste of skin but she is on television and out doing speaking tours promoting this type of thinking.

Yeah, however, I can't forget one of her appearances, which was titled "A Conversation between Ann Coulter and Al Franken" hosted by the Connecticut Forum. It was truly hillarious.

In the beginning they had fluff questions such as who would you be and why. To which Coulter responded either McCarthy to fight communists, or FDR so she could end the new deal. Al Frankens retort was that "If we're getting into stopping things, then I'd like to be Hitler so I could stop the Holocaust"

Coulter just glared at him... It was an impressive event, the Bushnell sold out, as well as all of the simultaneously telecast events, largely from people who just wanted to see ann coulter get beaten.

Besides a waste of skin and bones is all she really is... If you've ever seen her you know what I mean...

Regina @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:25 am

[/quote]

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Canada wants to stop US subs then you'll need more than strongly worded letters of protest to stop them, you'll need a real navy. If you want the US to stop pushing you around you'll need to push back.
[/quote]

Actually that's not true, Canada does have a Navy that integrates well with the US Navy for a particular roll when working together. As for being good enough to stop a US sub from doing whatever, it's again more than capable. In fact the official score as it stands is Canadian Navy-1 - US Submarine-0.
Ask Hormel26C about it when he's back here in September. It wasn't the outcome the sub had hoped for.......think it needed some body work after all was said and done.

Proculation @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:04 pm

Canadaluvv Canadaluvv:
Northerly Northerly:
Are you implying that the UK takes advantage of Canada? I mean, without the UK, Canada would be nothing. We owe them our allegiance. ..atleast in my opinion. I don't feel that strongly about it though.

And that is why the Americans call Canadians pussies. As a matter of fact, Canada was always useless in the World Wars. Canadians desperately try to refuse, but it's true. When the Americans get respected by the world in the veteran's day, Canadians only can seek for respects from Netherlands.

Useless in the World Wars ? By the end of WW2, Canada was the fourth strongest military power in the world behind only the USA, the USSR and Britain.

Very useless indeed.

The Hoser @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:05 pm

Not froget WWI... By the time that was over the only people who could route the Germans were the Canucks.

Canadian_Mind @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:08 pm

Regina Regina:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
[/quote]

Actually that's not true, Canada does have a Navy that integrates well with the US Navy for a particular roll when working together. As for being good enough to stop a US sub from doing whatever, it's again more than capable. In fact the official score as it stands is Canadian Navy-1 - US Submarine-0.
Ask Hormel26C about it when he's back here in September. It wasn't the outcome the sub had hoped for.......think it needed some body work after all was said and done.[/quote]

what happened?

Regina @ Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:57 pm

The sub tried to play hide and seek but lost.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next