Canada Kicks Ass
Going over the Border...

1  2  3  Next

CanadianODST @ Wed May 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Getting ready to go over, planning on wearing as much of the Maple Leaf as I possibly can :D :rock:

RUEZ @ Wed May 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Where should we send the bail money?

raydan @ Wed May 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Sorry, I beat you to it. :lol:

andyt @ Wed May 09, 2012 9:23 pm

We just had a Canadian Pastor who got caught up in some sort of demo in Seattle. His car was trashed and he was called a Hoser. Now many Seattlelites expressed dismay, and he's been asked to come back on an expenses paid trip, but there is some prejudice down there. Many years ago, I was called a Cheesehead at a bikestore. I think they were pissed because I was doing my own repairs and just wanted parts. But compare that to NZ, where I asked to borrow tools, and pay for it, to do an overhaul on my bike. They not only let me use their very fancy Campagnolo tools [drool] for free, but let me use their bike stand etc. Very nice guys.

ShepherdsDog @ Thu May 10, 2012 12:50 am

Cheesehead? Did they think you were from Wisconsin... :?

CDN_PATRIOT @ Thu May 10, 2012 4:18 am

CanadianODST CanadianODST:
Getting ready to go over, planning on wearing as much of the Maple Leaf as I possibly can :D :rock:

Where over the border are you going to? Anywhere interesting?

-J.

ShepherdsDog @ Thu May 10, 2012 4:45 am

I'd have to swim for many days to find a border

martin14 @ Thu May 10, 2012 6:20 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Cheesehead? Did they think you were from Wisconsin... :?

I used to get called Cheesehead in Bathurst, maybe he was Acadian. :P

ShepherdsDog @ Thu May 10, 2012 6:27 am

or they were referring to his genital hygiene habits.

CanadianODST @ Sat May 12, 2012 4:20 pm

No where interesting, just Niagara Falls, NY. The mall was horrible and the service people were rude and bad service people.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat May 12, 2012 4:56 pm

CanadianODST CanadianODST:
No where interesting, just Niagara Falls, NY. The mall was horrible and the service people were rude and bad service people.

Which mall? I've been the Outlet mall there, the Summit mall (back when it was still around), and many other shopping areas on the U.S. side (mostly Buffalo and area) and have never had much a problem. The only issue was a young cashier at Target once. Some of my Canadian money fell out of my wallet when trying to get an American 10er, and she thought the Canadian money was fake until I told her how we do money up here :lol:

-J.

CanadianODST @ Sat May 12, 2012 5:05 pm

It was called the Niagara Fashion Outlets, I had no choice in the mall.
This lady working the cash wasn't even looking at me and she didn't take my money :(

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Yep, I've been there. Used to be a good store there that had replicas of medieval and ancient Japanese weapons, and little trinkets related to that. I shopped at the Old Navy there, and didn't encounter any problems.

What store irked you?

-J.

CanadianODST @ Sat May 12, 2012 5:12 pm

1. The Food Court had awful places to eat.
2. The Service People in various stores.
3. Under Armour, the lady there was absolutely awful.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat May 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Interesting.

-J.

1  2  3  Next