Canada Kicks Ass
Martin-Cheney & Sons

CurlingZamboniHater @ Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:06 am

Some of you love pointing the finger at American govt. without realizing your own govt. doing the samething.

Is it true that Canadian taxpayers were told that they were only going to spend $137,000 doing business with Paul Martin's steamship company, when it in fact received over $160 million in federal contracts, grants and contributions? Last year Canadians were told that his company only received $137k since 1993 but found out earlier this year that is more like $160 million. $46 million while Mr. Martin was the Finance Minister.

Didn't CBC try airing a program about this to inform the public, but was denied access even after Paul Martin promised an open and honest govt.? So whatever happened with this?

You the taxpayer should be concerned about the awarding of private contracts, within your own country. We'll do the same down here.

Robair @ Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:31 pm

Not only that but a Bloc Quebecois study estimated CSL had avoided paying $103 million in Canadian taxes between 1995 and 2002 by setting up nine corporate entities in the Barbados. Now, the Bloc is Martins oposition, so take that number for what its worth. I don't doubt it, nor do I doubt the numbers you are quoting, but I havn't checked them.

What happened with that? Martin was reduced to a minority government, that's what. He would have lost power completely if our conservatives were'nt so eager to jump in bed with the American phscyopaths ... I mean ... neo-cons.

The United States 'domestic issues' have a very large impact on the globe and your neighbors to the north, eh. So we will continue to keep track of what's going on down there. Live with it.

CurlingZamboniHater @ Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:24 pm

Robair Robair:
Not only that but a Bloc Quebecois study estimated CSL had avoided paying $103 million in Canadian taxes between 1995 and 2002 by setting up nine corporate entities in the Barbados. Now, the Bloc is Martins oposition, so take that number for what its worth. I don't doubt it, nor do I doubt the numbers you are quoting, but I havn't checked them.

What happened with that? Martin was reduced to a minority government, that's what. He would have lost power completely if our conservatives were'nt so eager to jump in bed with the American phscyopaths ... I mean ... neo-cons.

The United States 'domestic issues' have a very large impact on the globe and your neighbors to the north, eh. So we will continue to keep track of what's going on down there. Live with it.

Interesting... Did it bother you in any way?

Robair @ Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:25 pm

CurlingZamboniHater CurlingZamboniHater:
Interesting... Did it bother you in any way?
???
wtf?
Shucks no, I was delighted! (Detecting any sarcasm CZH?)

CurlingZamboniHater @ Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:49 pm

$1:
Shucks no, I was delighted! (Detecting any sarcasm CZH?)

Does it bother you that your PM is a liar and is a tax fraud? Or your govt. in general?

Robair @ Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:37 pm

CurlingZamboniHater CurlingZamboniHater:
Does it bother you that your PM is a liar and is a tax fraud? Or your govt. in general?
Politicians in general 'C', politicians in general.

I think what bothers Canadians more than governments impact on checking accounts, is governments impact on human rights. Canada has justly earned the title "Defender of human rights" and most of us take a little pride in that.

But like I said, Martin was reduced to a minority government. And yea, there are a lot of folks that don't care for him as a PM too much (yours truly included). Given our choices, however, he's the best we had.