Canada Kicks Ass
NSA: Canada, Mexico now part of U.S. ‘homeland’

Previous  1  2  3  Next

DuncanM @ Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:46 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I'm going with this option. Always err on the side of stupidity, which better explains most gaffes than does malice.

Normally, I would do that too. But I am starting to reconsider this practice. Maybe the powers that be want us to do that, until it's too late to start resisting.

I think it is time to start screaming bloody murder--or actively resisting--some of the overreaching government policies that are being imposed on people nowadays.

Jabberwalker @ Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:51 am

maybe it was just a case of an ignorant staffer not knowing his or her geography? Apparently, 2 out 10 Americans can't find Canada on a map of North America.

9 out of 10 Americans can't find a map of North America ... only of America ... because, why would you ever need to?

BartSimpson @ Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
maybe it was just a case of an ignorant staffer not knowing his or her geography? Apparently, 2 out 10 Americans can't find Canada on a map of North America.

9 out of 10 Americans can't find a map of North America ... only of America ... because, why would you ever need to?

As I often say; most Americans can't find America on a map of America.

Sad to see how many of my fellow countrymen would not be able to find their way across town (any town) without a GPS on their car. :roll:

Jabberwalker @ Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:03 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

As I often say; most Americans can't find America on a map of America.

Sad to see how many of my fellow countrymen would not be able to find their way across town (any town) without a GPS on their car. :roll:

Mine's got the most gawd-aweful American twangy accent ...

... and occasionally, it send me on the wrong "raowt"

BartSimpson @ Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Yeah, I do not own a GPS nor do I need one.

bootlegga @ Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:48 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
$1:
Or maybe it was just a case of an ignorant staffer not knowing his or her geography? Apparently, 2 out 10 Americans can't find Canada on a map of North America.

I'm going with this option. Always err on the side of stupidity, which better explains most gaffes than does malice.

But only 20%? I'd have though it was much higher, after watching so many 'Talking to Americans'. ;)

Well as Homer Simpson once said, "Who can find Canada all tucked away down there?"

Freakinoldguy @ Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:37 am

xerxes xerxes:
I'd say this article depends on how seriously you take the US senate these days.

I personally don't take anything a financial subsidiary of the Peoples Republic of China says seriously. :wink:

So the NSA can run it's mouth like a soup sandwich all they want but, it still doesn't mean shit in the real world and if they could even remotely enforce this Homeland crap they wouldn't have the millions of illegals crossing that southern border yearly, the Mexican Drug cartels controlling that same border and our dope growers shipping their product over the other border pretty much at will. ROTFL

America is fast becoming the mouse that roared. :D

Jabberwalker @ Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:33 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
xerxes xerxes:
I'd say this article depends on how seriously you take the US senate these days.

I personally don't take anything a financial subsidiary of the Peoples Republic of China says seriously. :wink:

So the NSA can run it's mouth like a soup sandwich all they want but, it still doesn't mean shit in the real world and if they could even remotely enforce this Homeland crap they wouldn't have the millions of illegals crossing that southern border yearly, the Mexican Drug cartels controlling that same border and our dope growers shipping their product over the other border pretty much at will. ROTFL

Hard power is REAL power ... until the money runs out.

THX-1138 @ Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:23 am

DuncanM DuncanM:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Normally, I would do that too. But I am starting to reconsider this practice. Maybe the powers that be want us to do that, until it's too late to start resisting.

I think it is time to start screaming bloody murder--or actively resisting--some of the overreaching government policies that are being imposed on people nowadays.

Reason and discernment has exposed the truth.
1812 again.

BartSimpson @ Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:05 am

China only holds about $1 trillion in US Treasury Notes. The US Federal Reserve, on the other hand, is estimated by some sources to be holding as much as $200 trillion in Federal, State, Territorial, and municipal debts along with another $120 trillion in private, residential, and commercial debt instruments.

One of these days someone will realize that the US dollar isn't worth the paper it's printed on and the poop will hit the fan in a very big way.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:59 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

China only holds about $1 trillion in US Treasury Notes. The US Federal Reserve, on the other hand, is estimated by some sources to be holding as much as $200 trillion in Federal, State, Territorial, and municipal debts along with another $120 trillion in private, residential, and commercial debt instruments.

One of these days someone will realize that the US dollar isn't worth the paper it's printed on and the poop will hit the fan in a very big way.

Here`s an interesting read.
$1:
Debt Held by the Public - Foreign governments and investors hold 48% of the nation's public debt. The next largest part (21%) is held by other governmental entities, like the Federal Reserve and state and local governments. Fifteen percent is held by mutual funds, private pension funds, savings bonds or individual Treasury notes. The rest (16%) is held by businesses, like banks, and insurance companies and a mish-mash of trusts, businesses and investors. Here's the breakout:•Foreign - $5.311 trillion
•Federal Reserve - $1.66 trillion
•State and Local Government, including their pension funds - $709.1 billion
•Mutual Funds - $864.9 billion
•Private Pension Funds - $605.2 billion
•Banks - $305.2 billion
•Insurance Companies - $259.1 billion
•U.S. Savings Bonds - $184.7 billion
•Other (individuals, government-sponsored enterprises, brokers and dealers, bank personal trusts and estates, corporate and non-corporate businesses, and other investors) - $1.14 trillion. (Federal Reserve as of Januray 2, 2013; All others as of June 2012. Source: Treasury Bulletin, Ownership of Federal Securities, Table OFS-2)
This debt is not only Treasury bills, notes, and bonds but also TIPS, Savings Bonds, and State and Local Government Series securities.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/monetaryp ... l-Debt.htm

Apparently it`s about more than just treasury notes.

48% 8O Scary eh.

BartSimpson @ Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Even PBS is starting to figure it out:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/businessdes ... tomor.html

$1:
The debt Uncle Sam publicly acknowledges -- official federal debt in the hands of the public -- is now $12 trillion. But the true measure of our debt -- the one suggested by economic theory -- is the fiscal gap, which totals $222 trillion.

Just a few years ago the same PBS would've denounced anyone saying this as a right wing hack. Now they're seeing it, too. That means it's worse than this.

llama66 @ Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:17 pm

What happens when the money does run out? is that the end of the US as we know it? can we prevent the collapse from happening?

BartSimpson @ Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:46 pm

llama66 llama66:
What happens when the money does run out? is that the end of the US as we know it? can we prevent the collapse from happening?

It's not about the money 'running out'. Even after the latest round of 'quantitative easing' (deliberate inflation) ends the Federal Reserve will still be ginning up another $1.2 million in electronic dollars every minute.

The effect of endlessly creating new money is that it debases the value of the money that's already in circulation. It's also a form of defacto taxation as the government claims an ever-increasing portion of the nation's wealth by debasing the value of the wealth that people have in savings, stocks, bonds, and in their pockets.

As it is the purchasing power of the US dollar has dropped over 95% since the Federal Reserve came into existence.

Proof? In 1913 one dollar was worth one ounce of silver. Right now it takes over twenty dollars to buy an ounce of silver. :idea:

At some point people will start using other currencies as the global reserve (like the Euro) and the dollar will crash.

There's a lot of analysts now saying that this will happen by this time next year. Maybe sooner.

Fun times ahead.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:24 pm

llama66 llama66:

I guess we'll have to bail them out or annex them. :D

My preference is annexing them. I always wanted to see pretty much every border guard on both sides of that magic line shit canned. [B-o]

Previous  1  2  3  Next