Canada Kicks Ass
Question for our American members

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

EyeBrock @ Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Ok, I'm especially crusty today. Sob......

SprCForr @ Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:26 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Dig around. Lots more intriguing posts. Just try and be original kids. Old threads are old for a reason.

And some get put on AR for mere personal pleasure...

Click here if you dare!

hmmm...nice cast...slowly reel it in...

:lol:

JBG @ Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Unsound Unsound:
I gotta agree with JBG on this one Brock. I still find it interesting to know why people choose to come here.

I also feel this may be a bit of a catch 22 for anyone else who's interested in this or any other old topic. Reply to an old topic and ur accused of necro'ing, start your own thread to discuss said topic and u get told it's already been done and you should just look for the old thread.

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Maybe I'm being a bit crusty Unsound!

Unsound thanks for your support.

I think all three of us are right. This kind of a thread, maybe, should be revived every now and then when a significant number of new members arrive. You may not be aware but another major Canadian board is "no longer being actively maintained". There may be a move of some people, including some Americans, here.

A thread goes "necro" when no one reall has much to say that hasn't been said. On this thread, I just re-invigorated my old membership, and had a lot to say. Thus I wound up reviving a one-month dead thread.

Unsound @ Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:25 pm

I was not aware that there was another major Canadian board. If I'd known there was a place without crusty ol' EB I'd have been there long ago ;)

MaineUSAGuy @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Why I´m I interested in Canada and or Canadian politics? Because I went online one day and saw all the beautiful shots of Canada and its cities then one day I saw a program on Channel 13 in NYC called Visions of Canada. :rock: But then I read about the Anti Americanism in Canada but then I shrugged my shoulders. :rock: :rock:

Thanos @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 pm

MaineUSAGuy MaineUSAGuy:
......But then I read about the Anti Americanism in Canada but then I shrugged my shoulders. :rock: :rock:

If you don't bother going to Quebec or Toronto then this sort of thing usually isn't a problem in the rest of the country.

Can't guarantee you safe passage through Vancouver though. The people there are kinda fucked up too. 8)

raydan @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanos Thanos:
MaineUSAGuy MaineUSAGuy:
......But then I read about the Anti Americanism in Canada but then I shrugged my shoulders. :rock: :rock:

If you don't bother going to Quebec or Toronto then this sort of thing usually isn't a problem in the rest of the country.

Can't guarantee you safe passage through Vancouver though. The people there are kinda fucked up too. 8)

So you're saying there's anti-Americanism in Québec?

I've lived here all my life but didn't know that. [huh]

Dragon-Dancer @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:23 pm

It isn't any worse than all the anti-anywhere-but-USA you find in many american cities. It's all the rage these days to be all us vs them no matter where you go it seems.

Thanos @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:39 pm

raydan raydan:
Thanos Thanos:
[So you're saying there's anti-Americanism in Québec?

I've lived here all my life but didn't know that. [huh]

Just wait for the next American Pee-Wee hockey team to visit Montreal. Then y'all can get your freak on. 8)

BartSimpson @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanos Thanos:

Only because the BC weed is disturbingly potent. 8)

Thanos @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:47 pm

The calmative effect of BC bud on hockey fans out there certainly isn't worth fuck all when the Canucks lose a game. 8O

BartSimpson @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanos Thanos:
The calmative effect of BC bud on hockey fans out there certainly isn't worth fuck all when the Canucks lose a game. 8O

ROTFL

GreenTiger @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Why do certain Americans love CKA?

We have good taste in websites.

coaster_dot @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:49 pm

The members on here are some of the most friendly, well for the most part :wink: , and helpful people I have ever seen on a Forum. My Edmonton trip wouldn't have been the same without the help from the locals :D

Strutz @ Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Thanos Thanos:

HEY! :twisted:

:lol:

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next