Canada Kicks Ass
Tim Horton's

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Gunnair @ Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Mockingbird Mockingbird:
I quit drinking coffee the same day I quit smoking cigarettes. They went so well together for me I knew to give up one meant I had to give up both. End game...I haven't had a cigarette or a cup of coffee in over 20 years.

I did the same when I quit smoking, that and booze. A couple of years after, I was able to enjoy my morning coffee again, along with a beer and a glass of wine.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:40 pm

For the most part I drink coffee in the morning and that's it. It actually does tweak the brain enough that I can remember my class schedule and names of my students. Mumbling, 'You. The Chinese dude/girl.' doesn't seem to work in any of my classes. Some of the students that are coming off rounds, I know that it's more than just coffee that has them wide eyed and slightly manic.

Mockingbird @ Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:41 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
Mockingbird Mockingbird:
I quit drinking coffee the same day I quit smoking cigarettes. They went so well together for me I knew to give up one meant I had to give up both. End game...I haven't had a cigarette or a cup of coffee in over 20 years.

I did the same when I quit smoking, that and booze. A couple of years after, I was able to enjoy my morning coffee again, along with a beer and a glass of wine.

Booze and gigarettes do go well together too. Hudos to you for giving up all three at the same time. I never have been a drinker so that wasn't an issue for me.

angler57 @ Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:21 pm

In the five state area we have few Tim Hortons.
The one we know of in Indiana is in Richmond Indiana. A two hour drive from our home, Seymour Indiana.
Passing thru Richmond on the way home from the Wright Patterson Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio, stopped for a fresh cup and to stock up until June when we go north.
Gal that waited on us (wife and I) seemed suprised when we order five large cans of coffee and two large bags. Seems we purchased their entire stock for over counter sales.
Here is a, heres your sign moment. As, she asked? Do you like Tim Hortons coffee?
To be honest coffee was also for wifes hair dresser and our daughter.
Our fault for starting them on Tim Horton brew.

rickc @ Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:10 am

Tim Hortons rocks! When I lived in Canada I would spend hours sitting in Tim Hortons drinking coffee and talking bullshit.Strong coffee combined with pure cream (not half and half) is a winning combo in my book.I used to go out of my way for a cup of Tim Hortons coffee.The long lines at the Tim Hortons tell me I am not alone.I have never understood Tim Hortons marketing plans.I live in Las Vegas Nevada.Thousands of Canadians visit each year.They would go out of thier way for a Tim Hortons.The same is true in Florida.Why isn't Tim Horton management agressevely expanding thier marketplace in proven Canadian markets in the States? I would love the chance to have a Tim Hortons franchise in Las Vegas!

TheCanadian @ Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:41 pm

If you go to Timmies for coffee your'e a noob. Mochas and Ice Caps are where it's at!

Even better is the Mocha Ice Cappucino!

angler57 @ Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:38 am

TheCanadian TheCanadian:
If you go to Timmies for coffee your'e a noob. Mochas and Ice Caps are where it's at!

Even better is the Mocha Ice Cappucino!

Angler; Sitting here in Ohio river valley sipping a cup of Hortons and snacking on a fresh picked Indiana peach.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:46 am

Faye Faye:
I will probably get deported for saying this... but I don't like TH coffee.

Blasphemy! Get on your knees and seek forgiveness from the donut Gods! LOL

I don't know what it is that makes Timmy's coffee so good. I've been to most other coffee shops at one point or another, but nothing compares to Tim Hortons. I stop every Saturday morning on the way to work to get my Timmy's fix, which is a medium double-double and a muffin. Their muffins rule [drool]

-J.

angler57 @ Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:01 am

Camel cigs had an ad saying, I'd walk a mile for a Camel.
I drive an hour and a half here in Indiana. To the Ohio line.
For a stock of coffee.
Late June drove to Ontario for a visit. Before leaving stocked up on T H for ourselves and a number of friends we have introduced to TH.

Seven hour drive just to Windsor.

Benn @ Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:38 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Faye Faye:
I will probably get deported for saying this... but I don't like TH coffee.

Blasphemy! Get on your knees and seek forgiveness from the donut Gods! LOL

I don't know what it is that makes Timmy's coffee so good. I've been to most other coffee shops at one point or another, but nothing compares to Tim Hortons. I stop every Saturday morning on the way to work to get my Timmy's fix, which is a medium double-double and a muffin. Their muffins rule [drool]

-J.

I'm with Faye. I love Tims, great for quick lunch or a snack, but the coffee is really just average. Mcdonalds new brew has a much fuller and richer taste even and their double walled coffee cups don't leave me with second degree burns if I hold the cup for more than 5 seconds.

Now that I mention Mcd's has better coffee than Tims please give me a one hour head start to get my passport and flee the country in the witness protection program.

CanadianJeff @ Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Honestly it's because they use Robusta beans instead of arabica. They like to claim they use arabica beans and they do SOME in their roasts but for the most part the buggers love to use lower quality beans with a HUGE caffeine content.

It's why their coffee tastes like crap without a lot of cream and sugar. It's almost as bad as President's choice from superstore black.

What Tim Hortons does is buy most of it's coffee from Latin America and combine the higher quality beans with Robusta beans from the Brazil flat-lands which have double the usual caffeine content of most coffee.

That's right they mix the good stuff with the total crap to boost the caffeine. :) Actually typically Robusta is used in France as a mix with Arabica but is almost always consumed with milk because when you take some of the kick out of the Robusta with the Arabica beans you can cover up the earthly dirt tones with milk.

Of course the stuff they sell retail is 100% arabica Columbia coffee.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I worked for years with coffee. I know it inside out.

Benn @ Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:00 pm

CanadianJeff CanadianJeff:

It's why their coffee tastes like crap without a lot of cream and sugar. It's almost as bad as President's choice from superstore black.

Ahh so that explains it! I drink my coffee how it was meant to be, without dumping junk in it. Always said its the only way you can taste a good coffee, seems its true.

angler57 @ Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:07 am

Drive hours to purchase TH coffee.
Wife and I love TH and have introduced our friends to it.
They enjoy it.
Coffee like steak, if good, is taken without additives.
Sitting here sipping my TH as this is written.

DonHowson @ Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:30 am

I've been in the US for 14 years and every time when I go home (Montreal) I make a bee line to TH. Except this year. For several years I have found the coffee going downhill, and last in T.O. I had such a bad experience at two different TH's trying to get breakfast, I decided that's it.

I find the coffee McDonald's has been serving in Canada for the past 4 years or so to be the best. I believe it is what is now served in the US in McCafe's.

Can't stand Starbucks. I lived in Europe for several years so I'm no stranger to strong coffee. Starbuck's taste like something leftover after having my car serviced. Horrible stuff.

.../don

Benn @ Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:37 am

DonHowson DonHowson:
I've been in the US for 14 years..I have found the coffee going downhill..

The chemical brainwashing just wore off.

I think is was Shep in another recent thread who commented that a little time living in another country helps open peoples eyes to things they took for granted back home, applies to coffee as well ;)

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next