Canada Kicks Ass
U.S. Border Patrol questions Canadians in Canadian waters

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Zipperfish @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:17 pm

peck420 peck420:
Canada and the US won't be going to war anytime soon.

Relax.

There is a legitimate reason for this, and it has nothing to do with military.

What do you think the legitimate reason was?

peck420 @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Both our utilities collapse, and we have 200+ odd million people in immediate need of humanitarian assistance.

BartSimpson @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:24 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
I think that an American civil war is more likely than an American invasion of Canada! Those guys hate each other much more than they hate us.

This. PDT_Armataz_01_37

Tricks @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:25 pm

peck420 peck420:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Both our utilities collapse, and we have 200+ odd million people in immediate need of humanitarian assistance.

Oh that makes more sense.

I thought you were saying there was a legitimate reason for the border patrol to stop the fishermen.

BartSimpson @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Tricks Tricks:
I thought you were saying there was a legitimate reason for the border patrol to stop the fishermen.

There is no legitimate reason for the US Border Patrol to stop Canadian flagged boats in Canadian waters.

And if Canada had some gunboats handy then the Border Patrol would think twice about repeating their arrogant actions.

Maybe having your forces arrest and detain the BP pukes for illegally importing full-auto weapons into Canada would serve as a fine deterrent for any such future incursions.

Now you folks just need those gunboats. :|

Zipperfish @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:46 pm

peck420 peck420:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Oh sorry, In thought you meant there was a legitimate reason for the US Customs inspections in Canadian waters. For which there was a reason, but it's not really legitimate.

Tricks @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:03 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Tricks Tricks:

There is no legitimate reason for the US Border Patrol to stop Canadian flagged boats in Canadian waters.

And if Canada had some gunboats handy then the Border Patrol would think twice about repeating their arrogant actions.

Maybe having your forces arrest and detain the BP pukes for illegally importing full-auto weapons into Canada would serve as a fine deterrent for any such future incursions.

Add some coasties to the island other than the few who man the light house with a nice response boat.

peck420 @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Sorry about that folks. I will ensure my posts have more clarity in the future.

Hahahaha...I am so lying.

I will try to be more clear in the future, but no promises.

bootlegga @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Tricks Tricks:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Tricks Tricks:

Add some coasties to the island other than the few who man the light house with a nice response boat.

The Canadian Coast Guard is an unarmed organization - it does not have the same border patrol duties that the USCG has. It has a maritime security role, but it enlists RCMP or RCN when it needs to employ force.

http://www.ccg-gcc.gc.ca/eng/CCG/Home

If we wanted to use force, it'd have to be RCN in full sized warships or RCN reserve in their Kingston-class MCDVs.

Zipperfish @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Or everyone could act like grown-ups and discuss it civilly. It's kind of pointless raising the ante when all you got is a pair and your opponent knows it.

BartSimpson @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Or everyone could act like grown-ups and discuss it civilly. It's kind of pointless raising the ante when all you got is a pair and your opponent knows it.

The US Border Patrol stopping Canadians in Canadian waters with an armed vessel is not discussing it civilly.

And if any of those Canadians retreated into undisputed Canadian waters my gut is that the BP would be after them like a pack of dogs.

Next time this happens someone might get killed.

BartSimpson @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Also, the Border Patrol uses 'Safe Boats' that are either obtained from the US Coast Guard or purchased in the same configuration as the US Coast Guard. These are also known as Defender class boats.

That means they all have a forward mount for a belt-fed .30/.50 machine gun.

bootlegga @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:04 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
I think that an American civil war is more likely than an American invasion of Canada! Those guys hate each other much more than they hate us.

Most of them don't even hate us - they either like us or are too busy navel-gazing to realize there is another country north of them on this continent.

peck420 @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:06 pm

The vast majority of Americans gave Canada zero thought until Trump started talking about how unfairly we treat them.

The minority that do think about us, in my experience, think of us about the same as we think of them. The stupidity really is concentrated at the top of the politcal food chain, both sides of the border.

Thanos @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:08 pm

More accurately, the ones at the top of the food chain are the ones most adept at skillfully manipulating the concentrated stupidity that exists everywhere now.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next