Canada Kicks Ass
What do Americans think of Canadians?

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Walkoot @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:31 am

Exactly what would my underlying motive be for trolling?

It's clear that Canadians have some "insecurity" abote what Americans think abote us (even though they probably rarely do). We all know we're insecure and a little jealous of the states. Let's be honest. No lying. This website is just like Citydata, people are way TOO sensitive.

BartSimpson @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:46 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Still, it seems harmless.

That's the beauty of a Troll. On car sites, its "What's the best oil to use?" On computer sites, its "Mac/Windows/Linux?". On Canadian sites; "Do the Americans like us?". I imagine on Mexican sites, its "Why don't you speak Spanish like a Spaniard?"

Everyone has a trigger. Trolls know how to pull it. ;)

Then I suppose he satisfies one of my observations about Canadians:

$1:
You folks excel at being passive aggressive. Your insults are typically indirect and oblique.

:lol:

DrCaleb @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:50 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Then I suppose he satisfies one of my observations about Canadians:

$1:
You folks excel at being passive aggressive. Your insults are typically indirect and oblique.

:lol:

Yup, you can see it above in the liberal use of 'aboat', or all the thread she spams trying to get a reaction from someone. ;)

Lemmy @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:52 am

$

Walkoot @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
Walkoot Walkoot:
Exactly what would my underlying motive be for trolling?

That's we're trying to figure. Boredom? I'm going with immaturity.

Walkoot Walkoot:
It's clear that Canadians have some "insecurity" abote what Americans think abote us (even though they probably rarely do)

Is it? Clear how? Based on what evidence? Americans, by and large, don't think about anything outside of their borders. On Jeopardy (and they're smart Americans) the contestants rarely get even the simplest non-American questions right. So why would any of us feel insecure? Someone who thinks Canada's largest island is "Prince Barren Island" isn't the sort of person who'd make anyone feel insecure.

Walkoot Walkoot:
We all know we're insecure and a little jealous of the states. Let's be honest. No lying.

Do we? Why do you believe that? What evidence have you to support those contentions?

Walkoot Walkoot:
This website is just like Citydata, people are way TOO sensitive.

What's Citydata? No one's posted anything on this thread remotely resembling "excess sensitivity". We're just trying to figure out what it is, exactly, that you're hoping to learn. Answer your own question above: what's your motive?

My motive is purely curiosity. I wonder why my fellow Csnadians act some what defensive towards the Uinted States in a direct or passive aggressive way.

What is it aboat the states and questions related to such that gets people pissed?

And Citydata, the Canada forum, was a site I got banned from because I posted a few similar questions. I critiqued our health system and was met with nothing but ire. Seriously. There is a sensitivity among Canadians when you hit the "trigger".

BartSimpson @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Walkoot Walkoot:
And Citydata, the Canada forum, was a site I got banned from because I posted a few similar questions. I critiqued our health system and was met with nothing but ire. Seriously. There is a sensitivity among Canadians when you hit the "trigger".

Ah-yup. That there is. :wink:

Walkoot @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:41 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Walkoot Walkoot:

And the funny thing is no one wants to discuss why the "trigger" bothers them. Instead there is a type of denial that is easily transparent. There is always a claim that there is "no anti-Americanism" etc.

Why the hell won't anyone talk about certain things in a reasonable way instead of flipping oot? There is a type of tension which is why it so easy to get these people "triggered"because they're burying a hostility inside of them.

We have a lot of problems in Canada right now. Excess immigration from the third world, low birth rate, cuts to healthcare, anti Americanism, culture cringe, oot of control government spending and despicable treatment of people with disabilities and First Nations people but NO ONE wants to talk aboat this stuff.

Thanos @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:01 pm

We talk about those kinds of things here all the time. :roll:

BartSimpson @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Walkoot Walkoot:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Walkoot Walkoot:

And the funny thing is no one wants to discuss why the "trigger" bothers them. Instead there is a type of denial that is easily transparent. There is always a claim that there is "no anti-Americanism" etc.

Why the hell won't anyone talk about certain things in a reasonable way instead of flipping oot? There is a type of tension which is why it so easy to get these people "triggered"because they're burying a hostility inside of them.

We have a lot of problems in Canada right now. Excess immigration from the third world, low birth rate, cuts to healthcare, anti Americanism, culture cringe, oot of control government spending and despicable treatment of people with disabilities and First Nations people but NO ONE wants to talk aboat this stuff.

Canada is sort of like a dysfunctional family on a nation state level. Things are not exactly perfect but there's this general consensus that everyone is supposed to pretend that the negative things don't really exist and they'll quickly denounce anyone who points out these negatives.

I grew up with this kind of thing and in my family the problems were an abusive, alcoholic father and a distant and cold mother. My brother and sister pretended that everything was just peachy and when I hit my teen years I called bullshit on the whole thing. All four of them pretty much hated me for calling things what they were and after my parents died I didn't talk to my siblings for eleven years.

My brother got on board with reality in 2012 and sought me out to make amends after discovering the same things I had discovered 30 years earlier. My sister still doesn't talk to me and most people who know me don't even know I have a sister.

In a nutshell that's Canada.

The polite thing to do in Canada is to go along with the shared delusions that make your countrymen happy even if those delusions are total poppycock.

Like how immigration is a FABULOUS idea even if it means Canadians might have to someday start wearing burkhas and stop eating pork to make the Muslim fanatics happy.

Or how Canada's national health is so friggin' awesome despite the overwhelming facts to the contrary.

Or how you folks are supposedly so free yet you can go to jail for saying things your government doesn't approve of.

Or how you have such wonderful rights yet the most fundamental right of them all, the right to own property, doesn't exist in your country.

Or how you're all so amazing tolerant yet the fact remains that the hostility towards Christians and people of faith (who are not Muslims) is almost a matter of pride for many of you.

Or how Canadians in general will give the military and veterans the very highest level of respect at the Legion, at the memorials, and at funerals but pointing out that the troops have to hitchhike to their deployments and then borrow kit from other countries elicits outrage as if you're criticizing the troops.

I can keep going on but I think you get my point that the behavior is very much like a really nice dysfunctional family that manages to get through each passing day by embracing denial.

The yard is clean, the kids are well fed, the house is tidy and warm, and things are fucked up, everyone knows it, but anyone mentioning it is considered rude.

:idea:

Walkoot @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Canada expels those qualified immigrants who's children have a cognitive or physical disability. A professor and his family from Costa Rica who was teaching in B.C (a "qualified" immigrant, not the low skilled type) were expelled from the country because he had a son with Down Syndrome.

This has happened again and again and Csnada has long prohibited the disabled, even the deaf, from immigrating here because of the "burden on the health system". There is a push to create a disabled free society here and even for those disabled Canadian born people I feel like they are treated as a a "sub-status" - there isn't even anything equivalent to the ADA laws here. How incredibly discriminatory. And this is just one issue no one likes to talk about.

Public_Domain @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Thanos Thanos:
We talk about those kinds of things here all the time. :roll:

As much as ten fucking guys on some obscure forum can!

Public_Domain @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Good god Bart, you think Americans recognize America's real failings? Other than the cultural marxists I mean, who we both know never shut up about it. But what does your toxic nationalism offer that ours doesn't? The lack of self-awareness is stifling.

Public_Domain @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Walkoot Walkoot:
Canada expels those qualified immigrants who's children have a cognitive or physical disability. A professor and his family from Costa Rica who was teaching in B.C (a "qualified" immigrant, not the low skilled type) were expelled from the country because he had a son with Down Syndrome.

This has happened again and again and Csnada has long prohibited the disabled, even the deaf, from immigrating here because of the "burden on the health system". There is a push to create a disabled free society here and even for those disabled Canadian born people I feel like they are treated as a a "sub-status" - there isn't even anything equivalent to the ADA laws here. How incredibly discriminatory. And this is just one issue no one likes to talk about.

Great, at least make a god damn attempt to talk about it then, try us, what's the creepy shit with the accents gunna accomplish?

Thanos @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:04 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I can keep going on but I think you get my point that the behavior is very much like a really nice dysfunctional family that manages to get through each passing day by embracing denial.

The yard is clean, the kids are well fed, the house is tidy and warm, and things are fucked up, everyone knows it, but anyone mentioning it is considered rude.

:idea:

That's because it would be insane to take advice from people whose own dysfunction dwarfs our own by a factor of about a billion.

Lemmy @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:42 pm

[q

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next