Canada Kicks Ass
What do Americans think of Canadians?

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Walkoot @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Since there appears to be "some" Americans on this site I'm wondering what you think. DO you like us?

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:09 pm

We can agree that no one likes you.

Walkoot @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:12 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
We can agree that no one likes you.

8O Awww come on, I have a great personality.

Public_Domain @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:28 pm

There's a few issues in this world that can bring people of all walks of life together, transcending politics, class, nation, etc...

BartSimpson @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Walkoot Walkoot:
Since there appears to be "some" Americans on this site I'm wondering what you think. DO you like us?

I like many of you. Others, not so much.

I find you folks (in general) to be more informed than most Americans but I also find that Canadians (even the conservatives) tend to exhibit a superiority complex in which you folks are more proud of NOT being American than you are proud of being Canadian.

You're the only people on this planet who, as a group, define themselves not by what they are but by what they aren't.

I find too many Canadians to be abhorrent of self sufficiency. As if being able to take care of your self and your own needs without some form of government involvement is anti-Canadian or unsophisticated.

Too many of you are self-entitled twits who prattle on and on about how you have a right to help yourselves to someone else's income in the form of various government subsidies. At the same time it seems that very few of you will speak of your obligations to your country and community past that of paying your taxes.

You folks excel at being passive aggressive. Your insults are typically indirect and oblique.

I rather appreciate the generally higher level of general literacy in Canada as opposed to the American penchant for literacy within specific disciplines and to the exclusion of others.

Canadians are curious about the world but at the same time that they celebrate the cultures and values of other people they simultaneously seem to insist that everyone in the world shares their exact same culture and values. The people who do this are typically unable to see the contradiction in this view.

You're generally polite and clean people. That makes for a lovely vacation pretty much anywhere in Canada that's populated by actual Canadians (as opposed to the hyphenated types who don't care to be called Canadian except when the benefits are being handed out).

In general you folks run pacifist but can fight like a motherfucker when necessary. I suppose you avoid violence and that's a good thing but I sometimes think you folks cause yourselves problems by viewing yourselves as 'peacekeepers' in a sometimes very violent world.

Like the British you pride yourselves on your social programs as if those things are your greatest achievements as a nation. Meanwhile your country no longer does great things and Canada is no longer the global influence it was fifty years ago.

Yet despite my critical observations here I see in Canadians a great many good things and believe that Canada has far more potential than you folks think you have. But you're not going to tap into that potential so long as you don't appreciate what it is to be a Canadian and that national pessimism is reflected in the leaders you elect who tell you that there's nothing special about the Canadian identity.

Fuck them. I know better. :wink:

Tman1 @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:59 pm

No self-respecting Canadian would even pose this question. Who are you?

Walkoot @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:11 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Walkoot Walkoot:

I like many of you. Others, not so much.

I find you folks (in general) to be more informed than most Americans but I also find that Canadians (even the conservatives) tend to exhibit a superiority complex in which you folks are more proud of NOT being American than you are proud of being Canadian.

You're the only people on this planet who, as a group, define themselves not by what they are but by what they aren't.

I find too many Canadians to be abhorrent of self sufficiency. As if being able to take care of your self and your own needs without some form of government involvement is anti-Canadian or unsophisticated.

Too many of you are self-entitled twits who prattle on and on about how you have a right to help yourselves to someone else's income in the form of various government subsidies. At the same time it seems that very few of you will speak of your obligations to your country and community past that of paying your taxes.

You folks excel at being passive aggressive. Your insults are typically indirect and oblique.

I rather appreciate the generally higher level of general literacy in Canada as opposed to the American penchant for literacy within specific disciplines and to the exclusion of others.

Canadians are curious about the world but at the same time that they celebrate the cultures and values of other people they simultaneously seem to insist that everyone in the world shares their exact same culture and values. The people who do this are typically unable to see the contradiction in this view.

You're generally polite and clean people. That makes for a lovely vacation pretty much anywhere in Canada that's populated by actual Canadians (as opposed to the hyphenated types who don't care to be called Canadian except when the benefits are being handed out).

In general you folks run pacifist but can fight like a motherfucker when necessary. I suppose you avoid violence and that's a good thing but I sometimes think you folks cause yourselves problems by viewing yourselves as 'peacekeepers' in a sometimes very violent world.

Like the British you pride yourselves on your social programs as if those things are your greatest achievements as a nation. Meanwhile your country no longer does great things and Canada is no longer the global influence it was fifty years ago.

Yet despite my critical observations here I see in Canadians a great many good things and believe that Canada has far more potential than you folks think you have. But you're not going to tap into that potential so long as you don't appreciate what it is to be a Canadian and that national pessimism is reflected in the leaders you elect who tell you that there's nothing special about the Canadian identity.

Fuck them. I know better. :wink:

Potential to be what? explain.. seriously, explain. I don't think we have any potential other than to be an ally to the U.S. Our only purpose is to serve you with oil, fresh water and other natural resources and to say "aboat".

On a serious note I don't think Canada has that many social programs as you believe us to have. Even food banks are not government supplied. There's lots of poor people who don't have anything and do not receive anything.

Walkoot @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
No self-respecting Canadian would even pose this question. Who are you?

I am definitely Canadian. Granted a very self hating one.

Tman1 @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:17 pm

Ahh that's alright. Not happy with this country myself. No wonder it slips in 'happiness' rankings.

Public_Domain @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:21 pm

???
??????????
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Strutz @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
???
??????????
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Pretty much my sentiment too.

I was going to make a comment to the original question but after seeing the subsequent responses what's the point?

ShepherdsDog @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:26 pm

This dink makes drive bys just to stir the pot. Wish 'someone' would flush the turd.

raydan @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Don't feed the trolls.

Tman1 @ Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:26 pm

This dink makes drive bys just to stir the pot. Wish 'someone' would flush the turd.

Who you talking aboot?

raydan @ Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:22 am

Tman1 Tman1:

Who you talking aboot?

The turds and the dinks. :D

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next