Canada Kicks Ass
Wikileaks Cable Reveal US Interest in Canadian Energy Assets

can-aid-ian @ Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:27 pm

This is a bit stale by now but I just finished reading this article about a list that has been made of key strategic installments for American security, that are IN Canada. This is more information that has been pulled out of the "Classified" files by Wikileaks.

"The release of hundreds of thousands of secret U.S. documents has unleashed a diplomatic and political firestorm, but the leak has also revealed a list of key Canadian energy sites deemed vital to the United States."

http://www.enviralment.ca/2010/12/07/wi ... gy-assets/

andyt @ Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:29 pm

can-aid-ian can-aid-ian:
This is a bit stale by now but I just finished reading this article about a list that has been made of key strategic installments for American security, that are IN Canada. This is more information that has been pulled out of the "Classified" files by Wikileaks.

"The release of hundreds of thousands of secret U.S. documents has unleashed a diplomatic and political firestorm, but the leak has also revealed a list of key Canadian energy sites deemed vital to the United States."

http://www.enviralment.ca/2010/12/07/wi ... gy-assets/

What, are you making it your mission to repost old discussions?

Public_Domain @ Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:31 pm

I'm interested in learning more about American interests in this 'ass of energy' that Canada apparently has.

can-aid-ian @ Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
I'm interested in learning more about American interests in this ass of energy that Canada apparently has.

Are being sarcastic when referring to Canada's energy industry? We actually have a pretty amazing system. Over 70% of our energy comes from completely emission free sources, such as hydro power and more recently nuclear power. It's pretty tits in my opinions. It's just that lately we have been putting too much emphasis on new clean tech such as wind and solar, that can't come close to what our hydro stations or nuclear plants can output but cost 5 times more.

Public_Domain @ Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:40 pm

can-aid-ian can-aid-ian:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
I'm interested in learning more about American interests in this ass of energy that Canada apparently has.

Are being sarcastic when referring to Canada's energy industry? We actually have a pretty amazing system. Over 70% of our energy comes from completely emission free sources, such as hydro power and more recently nuclear power. It's pretty tits in my opinions. It's just that lately we have been putting too much emphasis on new clean tech such as wind and solar, that can't come close to what our hydro stations or nuclear plants can output but cost 5 times more.

can-aid-ian @ Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Ahhhh, "Assets" was cut of. Didn't notice that.

BartSimpson @ Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
I'm interested in learning more about American interests in this 'ass of energy' that Canada apparently has.

Elisha Cuthbert. [drool]

bootlegga @ Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Nothing really new here - nationalists/anti-Americans have warned for hundreds of years that the US covets resources that Canada has.

It's never really mattered though because UK/Canadian governments have always been willing to sell (or even give away) just about anything to foreigners -especially the Americans.

BartSimpson @ Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:56 pm

If it makes you feel any better, now you've got the Russians and the Chinese angling to steal your stuff, too. :wink:

GreenTiger @ Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:53 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
If it makes you feel any better, now you've got the Russians and the Chinese angling to steal your stuff, too. :wink:

Yes, they can now feel paranoid about the Russians and Chinese, except they aren't the nicest bunch.

The US would prefer to deal with our friends rather than Iran, Libya, ect.

Thanos @ Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Tricia Helfer [drool] [drool] [drool]

PostFactum @ Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:46 am

I always knew that :)

DanSC @ Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:10 am

I mean if you're willing to sell we'll probably buy.