Canada Kicks Ass
Wikileaks: Viewing cable 05OTTAWA268, PLACING A NEW NORTH AM

1  2  Next

DerbyX @ Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Don't know what to make of this. Scape, you are our resident wikileaks expert. What say you?

http://wikileaks.ch/cable/2005/01/05OTTAWA268.html

[

BartSimpson @ Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:49 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
Don't know what to make of this.

I do. It means making Washington DC your new capital.

DerbyX @ Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:51 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DerbyX DerbyX:

It would be worth integration just to see the look on your face when they made Quebec City the capital of the NAU to appease the French. :lol:

BartSimpson @ Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:54 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
It would be worth integration just to see the look on your face when they made Quebec City the capital of the NAU to appease the French. :lol:

No, it'll be worth integration to see the Quebecers and the Mexicans fight it out over who is going to make who speak the other's language (while calling each other 'RACISTS!!') while you and I sit in a pub and laugh our butts off at them! [BB]

DerbyX @ Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:55 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DerbyX DerbyX:

No, it'll be worth integration to see the Quebecers and the Mexicans fight it out over who is going to make who speak the other's language (while calling each other 'RACISTS!!') while you and I sit in a pub and laugh our butts off at them! [BB]

To many threads with "Butts" as the main subject. :P

BartSimpson @ Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:57 pm

:lol:

CDN_PATRIOT @ Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:28 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DerbyX DerbyX:

We'll burn it to the ground again before that happens. Anyone got marshmallows? :mrgreen:

:rock:

-J.

Curtman @ Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:33 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
Don't know what to make of this. Scape, you are our resident wikileaks expert. What say you?

http://wikileaks.ch/cable/2005/01/05OTTAWA268.html

$1:
Created: 2005-01-28 15:03

I'd say whatever Paul Martin was up to, was no good.

I'm more concerned about this one:

Wikileaks Diplomatic Cable: US Pulled the Strings in Previous Canadian DMCA
$1:
It revolved around the, at the time, Bill C-61. That particular bill was something we reviewed back in 2008. Among the things it would have done is legalize the Sony Rootkit, issue fines of $500 – $20,000 per infringement, and put forth copyright laws, including anti-circumvention, that is worse than the American DMCA law.
An influential Liberal MP on intellectual property issues separately told EMIN on February 26 that the copyright bill would receive widespread support from the Conservative, Liberal, and Bloc Quebecois parties if and when the GOC sends it to Parliament.

Never do that again.

Gunnair @ Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:33 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DerbyX DerbyX:

We'll burn it to the ground again before that happens. Anyone got marshmallows? :mrgreen:

:rock:

-J.

:roll:

Arctic_Menace @ Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:03 am

Sometimes I wish this continent would separate in half and Canada and Alaska go and hang out with Australia.

Brenda @ Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:41 am

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
Sometimes I wish this continent would separate in half and Canada and Alaska go and hang out with Australia.

You want Sarah Palin?? :?

Scape @ Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:23 am

I don't see anything that really is an eye opener here.

tayson @ Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Its not surprising that the U.S consulate would be sending cables such as these. Since NAFTA we've been on course for a merger of some kind between the two. Its smart to slow and try an control it so they stay separate nations. I believe we'll follow a simular model as the European Union. Within 10 years we might have no border at all.

Guy_Fawkes @ Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:59 pm

I think 10 years is very ambitious, I feel it would be more like 100 years.

tayson @ Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:23 pm

I didn't read the "our governments may always want to keep some kind of land border in place." Still shows that its not a take over Canada message, rather how can we increase the free flow of goods and people between the two. How can they do this without swallowing Canada into the United States. Like a European Union keeping each country sovereign. North American integration is happening if we like it or not!!!!!The big question is how to keep Canada a sovereign nation. Of course the cables are geared towards whats best for America, but at least they aren't discussing integrating Canada into non-existence. Most of what is being discussed is either on the table of being implemented or soon will be as the nations move forward with NAFTA, etcetera.

If not eliminated the border will become so automated with technology it will be invisible.

1  2  Next