Canada Kicks Ass
A little problem with your forum Trev.

Previous  1 ... 143  144  145  146  147  148  149 ... 169  Next

herbie @ Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:48 pm

thx but I live outside PG. Telus bought the cable company here and jacked up prices like crazy. The 20 Mb/1Mb service went from 49 to $75 and caps were added.
The 100/100Mb line I had in 2014 was $3,800 a month. No shit. I wheedled them down from $5,000

PluggyRug @ Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:07 am

Getting the message again.

"The image file you tried to attach is invalid."

Robair @ Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:06 am

When I try to comment on a story on the front page:

$1:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Data too long for column 'post_subject' at row 1 [1406]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]

DrCaleb @ Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:05 am

:( Our old friend, General Error. Usually followed by his subordinate, Major Catastrophe.

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:51 pm

Robair Robair:
When I try to comment on a story on the front page:

$1:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Data too long for column 'post_subject' at row 1 [1406]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]

Usually that happens when the title of the story is too long.

I'm not sure about this but I think I was able to get a comment on one of those by clicking the "News" tab on the top left of the Front page to go to the News page then clicking comment on the story.

Or if you posted the story you might try shortening the title in an edit from comments on the Front Page. Not sure if you can do that though.

llama66 @ Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:02 pm

I can't update my Avatar or my Profile pic... it says "The uploaded avatar file is empty."

llama66 @ Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:16 am

Any Idea's? regarding the above?

DrCaleb @ Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:31 am

llama66 llama66:

Nope. C: drive is full, which is why you can't upload anything new to it.

I though about suggesting deleting old avatars to clear space, but in the time it take to upload a new one, the logs waiting to be written will fill up that portion of the drive.

llama66 @ Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:36 am

So I'm avatarless? nooooooooooooo!

DrCaleb @ Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:45 am

Unless you have old avatars under "Local Gallery" when you edit your profile, then select 'edit avatar', yup. :(

Tricks @ Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:05 am

So my 30 seconds of work was for nothing? This is horseshit.

DrCaleb @ Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:45 am

Demand your money back.

;)

bootlegga @ Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:53 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:

Nope. C: drive is full, which is why you can't upload anything new to it.

I though about suggesting deleting old avatars to clear space, but in the time it take to upload a new one, the logs waiting to be written will fill up that portion of the drive.

Is there any value in deleting the thousands of inactive posters listed in the database free up space - maybe everyone with less than 100 posts of something? Scrolling through the first 5 pages of members, only 5 or 6 members have more than 100 posts.

Or is there no way to mass purge old, inactive members?

DrCaleb @ Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:04 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Is there any value in deleting the thousands of inactive posters listed in the database free up space - maybe everyone with less than 100 posts of something? Scrolling through the first 5 pages of members, only 5 or 6 members have more than 100 posts.

Or is there no way to mass purge old, inactive members?

There is a way, but it is beyond Moderators abilities. An Admin, or Trev needs to do it.

I don't know how much space that would free. Generally it would only free Database Space, but the DB wouldn't shrink. That won't free up any disk space for images. And DB space is small, compared to an image, so it wouuldn't free up very much if it did.

llama66 @ Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:35 am

Tricks Tricks:
So my 30 seconds of work was for nothing? This is horseshit.

Agree, I'm stuck with the red ensign and not the totally cool llama avatar I wanted.

Previous  1 ... 143  144  145  146  147  148  149 ... 169  Next