Canada Kicks Ass
April Update to Canadaka.net

Previous  1  2  3

Lemmy @ Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:15 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
PEOPLE WITH FORUM LOGIN PROBLEMS

This is probably due to your session or cookies being messed up after this update. Please logout from the site, clear your browsers cookies if possible then close your browser.

Re-open the browser and login to CKA from the homepage, everything should work then.

Tried it, doesn't work. I log on, but as soon as I move from that intial page, I'm back out. I have to try logging on, like, 20 times, from various pages, before I can get in. It's really pretty frustrating and if I have to clear cookies every 5 minutes as I surf around, I'm soon gonna just say "fuck it".

Scape @ Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:54 am

Can only log on to mobile version of site.

Canadaka @ Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:23 pm

there isn't much I can do with so little information. People having login problems can you please reply or PM me your browser and operating systems, only after you have tried the "PEOPLE WITH FORUM LOGIN PROBLEMS" mentioned above.

Canadaka @ Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:47 pm

Ok I made a small page to help find out what the problem could be with the minority of people having login problems. If you try to login to CKA and you get logged into the homepage but Not the forums, please visit this page and PM or email me the contents.

http://www.canadaka.net/modules/Your_Ac ... echeck.php

For your login to be working correctly, every list item should have a value.

Canadaka @ Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:37 pm

I also added a "delete cookies' link to the page above, this will delete all the site cookies, thus logging you out.

I also just fixed a long standing bug where the main site cookie lasts 1 year but the forum cookie only lasted a month. So after 1 month you would be still logged into the main site but logged out of the fourms. Now they are almost matching.

Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:34:02 GMT
Sun, 18 Apr 2010 22:34:02 GMT

I doubt anyone would stay logged in for a year without logging out, restarting computer or something like that, so the small gap isn't a problem.

Hyack @ Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Trev, what happened to the reported posts that used to sit beside the new message block?

Canadaka @ Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:50 am

Hyack Hyack:
Trev, what happened to the reported posts that used to sit beside the new message block?

thanks for letting me know, its now back.

hurley_108 @ Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:55 pm

All rep given, whether marked as positive or negative, is being recorded as positive.

Canadaka @ Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:52 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
All rep given, whether marked as positive or negative, is being recorded as positive.

yes you seem to be right, that is odd. I will try and fix that now.

*update* ok its fixed now, thanks for letting me know!

Previous  1  2  3