Canada Kicks Ass
CKA Getting New Server, Donations Welcome

Previous  1  2  3  4

Gunnair @ Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:27 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
where are you getting 500 erorr pages? please let me know the URL where it happens.

I'm often getting them when I try to loook at the active topics in the forum, or new posts, or my posts. The forum in general has been quite slow as have the news links.

Pimpbrewski @ Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
I just wanted to get some feedback on how the site has been behaving the last month. Specificly the forums, have they been fast for you, has there been periods where it was slow or even broken? Before the new server the forums would often slow to a crawl fairly often, I haven't noticed it happening.

Usually I would not respond, but truth be told, sometimes it may run a little slow, but then again, I am not always on. Also, the server went off last night.(I am no expert on IT terminology). I was going to respond to some comment, but it did not allow me to post, so I logged off. :lol:

Perhaps not the right thread, but I would like to take this opportunity to ask about the avatar size. There seems to be some limitation as to the size of avatars that we are allowed to submit. I wanted to put my ol' classic bouncing boob avatar, the one I used to have, but it will not allow it. This is in no way complaining, but it brings joy to the site. Image

So, In regards to donations, let's put in context of the CFL. I would like to make a little wager amongst friends, only if it's ok. Let's say that the Alouettes win the Grey Cup, y'all have to make some sort of donation. Now if any other team wins, I will match that contribution. Oh crap, here I go, drunk and babbling on again. Still, it doesn't matter, I will most likely make a donation anyways. The only thing is that I would need to borrow some cash, anyone !!! ROTFL

Hyack @ Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:19 am

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

http://www.canadaka.net/sections/sports.php

it was okay when i refreshed the page tho...

Hyack @ Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:22 am

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

http://www.canadaka.net/sections/military.php

same thing

hwacker @ Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:56 am

The bandwidth surges a lot, I don't know what type of connection that room has but sometimes the forum comes to a crawl.

xerxes @ Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:23 pm

Lately, I've had the internal server error on the home page, but then again, my internet connection is garbage here in PG so....

Canadaka @ Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:16 am

I own the servers, its cheaper in the long run, lower monthly cost. The server costs pay for themself fairly fast. And the data center I am in is a premiere data centre http://www.peer1.com/ which hosts sites WAY WAY bigger than CKA.

The bandwidth shouldn't be an issue, I have 1 MBPS, burstable to 100 MBPS. Therefore 1 MBPS link is given to the server however in cases of peak loads that can burst up to 100 MBPS

The tests i've done and the ones i've asked me host to do, seem to indicate that the bandwidth is not the limiting factor. I have though about switching to 95% percentile bandwidth billing, which will cost more, but more dedicated MBPS.

I never get these 500 errors myself, and there are no PHP errors coming in, i was logging them for the last 2 weeks, nothing major.

These kind of issues can be a real pain to pinpoint. I am going to run some perfmon tests running over the next day on both servers, see if they are hitting there CPU or memory limits throughout the day at all.

I do notice the new servers SCSI drive does slow down sometimes, I think i should have spent the extra money to get a 2nd drive to write all the log files too. I might add one this winter.

Previous  1  2  3  4