Canada Kicks Ass
CKA Improvements Poll

1  2  Next

Canadaka @ Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:20 pm

I havn't spent much time this year developing CKA, things have been going smoothly here. I've spent most of my development time on other sites like http://politwitter.ca/ But I want to give CKA some lovin.

There are some things that have crept up in the bug list, lots of small cosmetic things with newer browsers and such. But I also want to add new functionality.

But I was wondering where people would like me to focus more, or first. I will break the site up into 3 main parts. News, Content, Forums.

News = frontpage cka news system
Forums = the forums...
Content = everything else. Picture & video sections for example

ALSO if you have ANY ideas, PLEASE let me know!!! Even small stuff, like a small cosmetic fix.

Hyack @ Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:30 pm

1) Fix the duplicate news submission widget, it hasn't worked in a very long time.

many more to follow.... :wink:

wildrosegirl @ Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Make pics easier to upload on the news submissions. Maybe an auto re-size code similar to the one you put on the threads so the cropping isn't necessary.

wildrosegirl @ Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:39 pm

Oh! What about one of those security boxes (Or whatever they're called. You know - where you have to type the letters/numbers you see in the box on your left)for new members. Might cut down the amount of freakin' spammers around here. There's been tons lately.

Chumley @ Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Humpday hottie is good, but we could use a Tueday Tart, and maybe a Friday Fox.
Oh, and a Sunday Skank XD

wildrosegirl @ Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:44 pm

Chumley Chumley:

You can do that yourself. You're a big boy now. :lol:

Unsound @ Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Chumley Chumley:

I'll second the motion.

Hyack @ Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:29 pm

2)Give me whatever it is I need to chase down and permanently ban these idiots that come along just to spam the news!!

Hyack @ Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:12 pm

3) Add our News Moderator wildrosegirl to the CKA staff list.

Hyack @ Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:28 pm

4) If I recall, there was a problem submitting maps and pictures, I kept getting the message "file size is too large", was there not an image shrinker there at one time?

Hyack @ Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:49 pm

5) Fix the home page news, when you get to the bottom of the page and go to page 2 there is often a lot of missing news articles. Right now the last item on the Home page was submitted at 7:45am today but the first topic on page 2 was submitted at 10:39pm on Wednesday. Checking the site activity page shows there were 14 stories submitted in that time frame which are not showing.

Hyack @ Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:20 am

6) Find a new leader for the CKA Conservatives group.

Hyack @ Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:29 am

7) With all the vacant space on the Home page I think you should bring back the Hockey scoreboard.

Hyack @ Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:28 am

8 Read this thread.....8)

Scape @ Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:25 am

Hyack Hyack:
3) Add our News Moderator wildrosegirl to the CKA staff list.

A lot of good ideas and this should get priority.

1  2  Next