Canada Kicks Ass
CKA Quorum

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Canadaka @ Sun May 24, 2009 9:53 pm

This is an idea I’ve thought about for some time and something I think I want to try. Creating a CKA Quorum, a group of respected, trusted and elected regular members along with the mods that I can use to help shape the policy and direction of the site. It probably wouldn’t be used to often, but it could help make tough decisions with more voices and viewpoints. There would be a private forum for Quorum members, but meetings & decision making would probably work best with a chat program, one I setup or just using Windows Messenger.

I just wanted to see what people thought of this, is it a good idea or shit. I know of some other sites that are run in this way.

Gunnair @ Sun May 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Sounds doable. Might allow for some member empowerment as well.

Robair @ Sun May 24, 2009 9:57 pm

Bah, too cloak and daggery.

commanderkai @ Sun May 24, 2009 9:57 pm

I think that sounds reasonable.

Brenda @ Sun May 24, 2009 9:59 pm

I think it sounds reasonable too.

Lemmy @ Sun May 24, 2009 10:05 pm

"How'd it go with your boss, Honey?"
"Well, I got promoted to assistant executive vice-president, southwestern regional paperclip distribution director, but I didn't get any more money."

Yogi @ Sun May 24, 2009 10:08 pm

I think that would be an excellent idea. Aside from different pov's from the 'general population' it would also give some of those who are deemed to be the most vocal detractors an insight into what is really involved in being a Mod. That is of course assuming that you would ask some of the most vocal to be part of the quorum. ( no, I am not volunteering!) :lol:

SprCForr @ Sun May 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Maybe a randon selection of those online at the time. Asked to participate for that discussion only?

Brenda @ Sun May 24, 2009 10:12 pm

Why not Yogi?
If you have a big mouth, you should put your money where your mouth is. ;-)

Canadaka @ Sun May 24, 2009 10:16 pm

SprCForr SprCForr:
Maybe a randon selection of those online at the time. Asked to participate for that discussion only?

thats actualy not a bad idea, never thought of that.

Yogi @ Sun May 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Why not Yogi?
If you have a big mouth, you should put your money where your mouth is. ;-)

Only prob with that B is ., "I don't got a big mouth or any money"!!! :lol:

romanP @ Sun May 24, 2009 10:20 pm

I think there should be public voting and comments on bans and warnings. The results of the vote wouldn't have to be acted on, say if it's blindingly obvious that someone who has been warned or banned for a very good reason just has fellow shit disturbers backing them up for the sole purpose of disturbing more shit. But I think it would add some fairness when things happen like one person getting warnings for no really good reason while another gets their infantile tantrum deleted and no warning at all.

Sapio @ Sun May 24, 2009 10:20 pm

Sounds like a good and interesting idea.

Canadaka @ Sun May 24, 2009 10:26 pm

voting and comments on bans and warnings would just turn into flame wars. You can see who was warned and banned via the modlog. I will investigate this further though, I have seen other non-canadian or poltical forums have threads with comments when someone is banned, not sure how that works out. From my experience here, i don't think it would serve a constructive purpose.

Gunnair @ Sun May 24, 2009 10:27 pm

I think we're seeing how well it works out...

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next