Canada Kicks Ass
Donation Drive to Buy a new CKA Server

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

ridenrain @ Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:46 pm

So why is a website that antagonizes American, and still flys the "no deep intigration" ribons asking for money in US denominations, via paypall?
I hope the answer is worth $25.US.

Regina @ Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:26 pm

Oreo Oreo:
Ok so what do I have to do to get the money to who ever is taking it?
Contact Trevor by PM at Canadaka and he can let you know what's best for both of you.

Biblical_Christian @ Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:29 pm

How do I transfer thru Paypal?

hwacker @ Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:34 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Trev, I can't use Certapay either... Any other options for overseas banking?

Just go to Amsterdam and pick up a big chunk of fudge. Send it using Donny’s name, the feds might trace it.

Canadaka @ Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:13 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
So why is a website that antagonizes American, and still flys the "no deep intigration" ribons asking for money in US denominations, via paypall?
I hope the answer is worth $25.US.

WTF are you talking about, At no time did I say I wanted USD donations? I really don't care what currency a donation is, any money is still money.

And the donation buttons on the donation page are all in CAD dollars.

Canadaka @ Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:18 pm

Biblical_Christian Biblical_Christian:
How do I transfer thru Paypal?

There are one click donation buttons here, or you can manualy send to: trevor {at} canadaka.net
http://www.canadaka.net/donations

Later this week I will make a meter showing donations progress, like the thermometer thingy.

ridenrain @ Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:20 pm

Confirmation from my E-mail:

$1:
This email confirms that you have paid Canadaka.net $25.00 USD using PayPal. Currency Conversion: $29.73 CAD = $25.00 USD
Currency From: CAD
Currency To: USD
Exchange Rate: 0.841112
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *CANADAKA".

I honestly don't care but I just thought it was ironic.
You're welcome. Keep up the good work. :D

Brenda @ Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:24 am

hwacker hwacker:
Brenda Brenda:
Trev, I can't use Certapay either... Any other options for overseas banking?

Just go to Amsterdam and pick up a big chunk of fudge. Send it using Donny’s name, the feds might trace it.

hahaha, I guess :roll:

Canadaka @ Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:43 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
Confirmation from my E-mail:
$1:
This email confirms that you have paid Canadaka.net $25.00 USD using PayPal. Currency Conversion: $29.73 CAD = $25.00 USD
Currency From: CAD
Currency To: USD
Exchange Rate: 0.841112
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *CANADAKA".

I honestly don't care but I just thought it was ironic.
You're welcome. Keep up the good work. :D

ok taking another look, the radio selection options for donating are in USD, but the recurring donation buttons below that are in CAD. I never made the original Donation module, so the original author must have been american and it is in USD, So sue me. :P

I guess i should look at the code and change it though... so its all consistant.

Canadaka @ Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:08 am

I added a donations "thermometer" to the donations page, showing the progress towards the "new server" goal. I mgiht adjust the goal though, once I have a server priced out.

BartSimpson @ Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:59 am

Canadaka Canadaka:
I added a donations "thermometer" to the donations page, showing the progress towards the "new server" goal. I mgiht adjust the goal though, once I have a server priced out.

Excellent idea! :P

ridenrain @ Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:02 pm

Ok. I donated my $25US and things are still glitchy. Don't these things happen overnight? :-)

Canadaka @ Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:03 pm

heh I wish, hopefully by the end of the month though.

Scrappy @ Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:09 pm

Trev, in addition to cash/cheq donations have you considered an online CKA auctions for donated items? If you are interested PM me and I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about i.e. company T-Shirts, company mugs some donars slash alams like to see something tangable for their money? Just a thought thou?

Canadaka @ Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:30 pm

Scrappy Scrappy:
Trev, in addition to cash/cheq donations have you considered an online CKA auctions for donated items? If you are interested PM me and I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about i.e. company T-Shirts, company mugs some donars slash alams like to see something tangable for their money? Just a thought thou?

lol umm... you mean like... http://shop.canadaka.net/ ;)

and donations get the donator Gold Membership, which is a small reward for there donation.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next