Canada Kicks Ass
First time I have been called a "Certified" Drama Queen

1  2  3  Next

mepokerdude @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:04 pm

I am a proud, law and order type who supports capital punishment, but when I read this, my jaw dropped.

Please tell me that these poor women will be compensated, how can anybody who has has any decency possibly sleep at night after denying them compensation?

What do you all think about this situation, does it disgust you or what?

Spaniard @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:11 pm

I Think your taking this A Little to serious, I would be more concern loosing sleep over the Murdered Children then the compensation, guess it's all about the Money.

QBC @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Funny how the original news paper article is blocked out by someones personal opinion.

I'm still thinking on weather or not this is just spam

RUEZ @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:16 pm

I don't understand how this could make someone ashamed to be Canadian?

mepokerdude @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Spaniard Spaniard:
I Think your taking this A Little to serious, I would be more concern loosing sleep over the Murdered Children then the compensation, guess it's all about the Money.

I think it's about legitimate denial.

mepokerdude @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:17 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
I don't understand how this could make someone ashamed to be Canadian?

We are supposed to be a nation of laws, not legal gimmicks.

mepokerdude @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:19 pm

QBC QBC:
Funny how the original news paper article is blocked out by someones personal opinion.

I'm still thinking on weather or not this is just spam

You can read the original here:

http://www.thestar.com/news/investigati ... ation?bn=1

Brenda @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Why would anyone be compensated because their child got murdered? Compensated by whom? Sue the murderer.

Although it is easy for me to say...

QBC @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Okay, I've decide that this is indeed spam, but I'll let ya all have some fun for awhile.

mepokerdude @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Why would anyone be compensated because their child got murdered? Compensated by whom? Sue the murderer.

I agree. But that doesn't mean that traumatized people should be denied existing services.

mepokerdude @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:21 pm

QBC QBC:
Okay, I've decide that this is indeed spam, but I'll let ya all have some fun for awhile.

I hope it's until the victims get compensated.

Can you put yourself in their shoes.

Yogi @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Of course the pain is traumatic and very real. The comparison to the cop is not a valid one as the cop was injured 'on the job'.
I have a damn good idea as to what it feels like as one of my siblings was murdered. Did I/ do I think think the people of Canada should have sent my Mom some money? Absolutely not! What about my Dad? Was his pain and loss any less? What about my remaining brothers and sisters? Do you suppose their pain was any less? What about me? That would have been an insult to my brothers memory and would have done nothing to assauge our loss, except, I suppose, to allow us to buy more booze in which to drown our sorrows!

No, the 'best payment' is for the law to put forth their utmost effort in catching the murderer, ( my brothers murderer has never been caught, but we who remain still hope) and bring down the utmost in punishment.

mepokerdude @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Yogi Yogi:
Of course the pain is traumatic and very real. The comparison to the cop is not a valid one as the cop was injured 'on the job'.
I have a damn good idea as to what it feels like as one of my siblings was murdered. Did I/ do I think think the people of Canada should have sent my Mom some money? Absolutely not! What about my Dad? Was his pain and loss any less? What about my remaining brothers and sisters? Do you suppose their pain was any less? What about me? That would have been an insult to my brothers memory and would have done nothing to assauge our loss, except, I suppose, to allow us to buy more booze in which to drown our sorrows!

No, the 'best payment' is for the law to put forth their utmost effort in catching the murderer, ( my brothers murderer has never been caught, but we who remain still hope) and bring down the utmost in punishment.

so sorry.

QBC @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:23 pm

mepokerdude mepokerdude:
QBC QBC:

I hope it's until the victims get compensated.

Can you put yourself in their shoes.

Mmmmmm....no, chances are I won't wait as long as the government takes to do anything. Spam away though

Brenda @ Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm

mepokerdude mepokerdude:
Brenda Brenda:

I agree. But that doesn't mean that traumatized people should be denied existing services.

I didn't read the whole "article" (I read the newspaper clipping tho) and I still do not understand who should compensate them, and what for.

If they ended up with a mental illness, that can be diagnosed by a psychologist/psychiatrist, and there are services out there they can talk to. Even in the small town where I live there is free counseling...

1  2  3  Next