Canada Kicks Ass
Francais

Antoine @ Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:30 pm

Any push to make a French version of CanadaKA? Or, is there one of similar nature and theme to CanadaKA that is Quebecois or French-Canadaian that you could direct me to?

Canadaka @ Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:49 pm

not that i know of, but in time I would like this site to be bilingual, would be a lot of work though.

-Mario- @ Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:26 am

I don't think that its worth your effort. It is even more work than you can imagine. Translating is not just about replacing/translating words. A good idea.. if there is a market for it...

The work involved 8O

-M-

Denis @ Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:40 pm

Antoine Antoine:
Any push to make a French version of CanadaKA? Or, is there one of similar nature and theme to CanadaKA that is Quebecois or French-Canadaian that you could direct me to?

Oublie sa.. on sais ben ici que le monde s'en calisse du Québec..

Que veut tu.. le canada anglais nous aiment pas parce que on parle une autre langue! C'EST FOU HEIN! :evil:

Un canada c'est un canada billingue. We want a french version ASAP. :x

Oubliez-pas que les francophones forment 30% des habitants du Canada.

Denis @ Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:41 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
not that i know of, but in time I would like this site to be bilingual, would be a lot of work though.

Who cares!?

Do the effort.. :roll:

Canadaka @ Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:09 pm

unfrotunatly this can't happen in the near future, currently I am the only one building/updating this site, its enough work as it is. there is no way i could doa translation. plus my french is not good enough.
And at the moment its not really worth it.. there is very few french visitors, only been a couple french members who post in the forums.

It bothers me, this is a patriotic site, but quebec people dont seem to be patriotic towards Canada at all. I just travelled around europe for 2 months, and the stories are true, all the Canadians wear big Canada flags, and yes I even met some americans who wore Canadian flags. i also came across several Quebec travellers, not one ever had a Canadian flag, and i saw first hand one getting hassled a bit, im pretty sure the person thought they were american.

Robair @ Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:21 pm

Denis Denis:
Oublie sa.. on sais ben ici que le monde s'en calisse du Québec..

Que veut tu.. le canada anglais nous aiment pas parce que on parle une autre langue! C'EST FOU HEIN!

Calm down, what would give you that impresion anyway? English Canada hates you? That would be like saying english Canada hates the Oriental communitys in Vancouver or something. I really don't thingk that's the case.

Keep in mind, this is one persons pet project. It's not government funded and I don't thingk he's making a lot of money doing it.

Denis Denis:
Yes, and what percentage of the donations to this site? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you have not donated....

RoyalHighlander @ Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:29 am

By all means post in French if you want to here, You can start a thread in French if youd like to, If any one dont like it too bad for them, Welcome, It only takes one to get the ball rolling here,,, You can be that person if you'd like.... RH

-Mario- @ Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:09 pm

$1:
Denis
Non... The french population in Canada is not 30%. This is Quebec propaganda.

-Mario-

Antoine @ Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:36 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
unfrotunatly this can't happen in the near future, currently I am the only one building/updating this site, its enough work as it is. there is no way i could doa translation. plus my french is not good enough.
And at the moment its not really worth it.. there is very few french visitors, only been a couple french members who post in the forums.

It bothers me, this is a patriotic site, but quebec people dont seem to be patriotic towards Canada at all. I just travelled around europe for 2 months, and the stories are true, all the Canadians wear big Canada flags, and yes I even met some americans who wore Canadian flags. i also came across several Quebec travellers, not one ever had a Canadian flag, and i saw first hand one getting hassled a bit, im pretty sure the person thought they were american.

We really do appreciate this site, and all of the work you do for the website. I was simply curious if there was an effort, I totally understand that there isn't and why.
I am not sure if I entirely agree with you regarding Quebeckers not being patriotic. I mean, the Liberal Party is relatively strong in the Provincial Government, not the Parti Quebecois, which would indicate that the seperatist movement is dying. I know that Jack Layton has made strong efforts to get the NDP in Quebec.
Anyway, as a Francaphone American who thinks that Canada does in fact kick ass, I just was curious.