Canada Kicks Ass
How do you add rep points to someone else?

1  2  3  Next

BartSimpson @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:59 pm

How do you add rep points to someone else?

I've looked and looked and can't figure it out. Anyone care to fill me in on this? Thanks! :wink:

neopundit @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:00 pm

Isn't it a Moderator thing?

BartSimpson @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:18 pm

lily lily:
Once you got a rep point from a mod, you were supposed to be able to give out rep yourself, but it's never worked. It was limited to mods only to start, to prevent situations of favouritism, but if you look at who has points and why.... well.....

I use the blue stars, although I wish there was a system where we could leave comments.

Thanks, Lily. I wanted to add a point for Derby based on his profoundly elegant post in another thread.

DerbyX DerbyX:
There seems to be a tendency to judge the past by todays "enlightened" moral values and that isn't exactly fair. We can't judge them by our standards and our knowledge because I don't think those airmen were browsing net photos of bombing runs, reading blogged political commentary from Hitler, Stalin, Ike, Churchill, Roosevelt, and King all the while listening to downloaded mp3s of the Glen Miller Orchestra.

I'm sure that things would have turned out much better had they handed out the WW2 1939-1945 historical preface to everybody in 1938.

This is, in it's perfect brevity and wonderful illustration, one of the best posts I've ever seen on this site and I saw that DerbyX was absent a rep point and I strongly feel he deserves one for this exceptional post.

I would consider it a personal favour from any mod who can do this for me. :wink:

DerbyX @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:21 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
lily lily:
Once you got a rep point from a mod, you were supposed to be able to give out rep yourself, but it's never worked. It was limited to mods only to start, to prevent situations of favouritism, but if you look at who has points and why.... well.....

I use the blue stars, although I wish there was a system where we could leave comments.

Thanks, Lily. I wanted to add a point for Derby based on his profoundly elegant post in another thread.

DerbyX DerbyX:
There seems to be a tendency to judge the past by todays "enlightened" moral values and that isn't exactly fair. We can't judge them by our standards and our knowledge because I don't think those airmen were browsing net photos of bombing runs, reading blogged political commentary from Hitler, Stalin, Ike, Churchill, Roosevelt, and King all the while listening to downloaded mp3s of the Glen Miller Orchestra.

I'm sure that things would have turned out much better had they handed out the WW2 1939-1945 historical preface to everybody in 1938.

This is, in it's perfect brevity and wonderful illustration, one of the best posts I've ever seen on this site and I saw that DerbyX was absent a rep point and I strongly feel he deserves one for this exceptional post.

I would consider it a personal favour from any mod who can do this for me. :wink:

Thanks Bart. I'm not sure how it works either. I've tried rating posts before but they never seemed to stay attached to the person.

Streaker @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:23 pm

$1:
I would consider it a personal favour from any mod who can do this for me.

What with them being in your pocket I'm sure you'll get your wish in no time. :wink:

BartSimpson @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:28 pm

Streaker Streaker:
$1:

What with them being in your pocket I'm sure you'll get your wish in no time. :wink:

Hahahahaha!!!!

If the mods and Trevor were really in my pocket then don't you think I'd have the super-special rights to do this myself?

Besides, as a committed member of the forums Derby has earned such a thing anyway and should not have required a word from me for such recognition.

Give him his due is all I ask. :wink:

DerbyX @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:43 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Streaker Streaker:
$1:

Hahahahaha!!!!

If the mods and Trevor were really in my pocket then don't you think I'd have the super-special rights to do this myself?

Besides, as a committed member of the forums Derby has earned such a thing anyway and should not have required a word from me for such recognition.

Careful Bart,

People might get the wrong idea about us. :wink:

[BF]

novachick @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:44 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Streaker Streaker:
$1:

Hahahahaha!!!!

Careful Bart,

[BF]

Well you did hit on ziggy :lol:

neopundit @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:48 pm

Bart's definitely the catcher.

DerbyX @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:54 pm

novachick novachick:
DerbyX DerbyX:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Streaker Streaker:
$1:

Hahahahaha!!!!

Careful Bart,

[BF]

I thought I was hitting on you and he was hitting on me? :wink:

novachick @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:46 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
novachick novachick:
DerbyX DerbyX:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Streaker Streaker:
$1:

Hahahahaha!!!!

Careful Bart,

[BF]

Who was I hitting on 8O :P

DerbyX @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:50 pm

novachick novachick:
DerbyX DerbyX:
novachick novachick:
DerbyX DerbyX:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Streaker Streaker:
$1:

Hahahahaha!!!!

Careful Bart,

[BF]

Why me of course! 8)

novachick @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:52 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
novachick novachick:
DerbyX DerbyX:
novachick novachick:
DerbyX DerbyX:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Streaker Streaker:
$1:

Hahahahaha!!!!

Careful Bart,

[BF]

Why me of course! 8)

Well of course, silly me :P

DerbyX @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:05 pm

novachick novachick:
DerbyX DerbyX:
novachick novachick:
DerbyX DerbyX:
novachick novachick:
DerbyX DerbyX:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Streaker Streaker:
$1:

Hahahahaha!!!!

Careful Bart,

[BF]

Why me of course! 8)

Well of course, silly me :P

Jeez that other thread got locked up fast eh?

I guess we'll dole out the ole feel-goods to compensate! :wink:

novachick @ Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:09 pm

They locked it 8O WTF.

1  2  3  Next