Canada Kicks Ass
Ignore function?

1  2  3  4  Next

WBenson @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:57 pm

Is there a user ignore function on the forums? If there's not, could one be implemented? Sometimes there are certain users that post nothing but absolute garbage 100% of the time and I'd like to be able to make that invisible so that I can continue reading the less-concentrated garbage.

WBenson @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:02 pm

I already do that, but it's a very convenient function on other forums I'm on.

Canadaka @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:09 pm

I know other forums have this feature... and there is existing phpbb mods out that could be added to do this. But it really hasn't been something requested, so I never added it.

I think it can kinda confuse topics... even more than they already are.
But if its something a number of people would like, I would be willing to try it out.

WBenson @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:14 pm

It is probably true about the confusion. The times I've used it elsewhere was shortly before the person was banned anyways, so I've never really experienced it long-term.

RUEZ @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:14 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
I know other forums have this feature... and there is existing phpbb mods out that could be added to do this. But it really hasn't been something requested, so I never added it.

I think it can kinda confuse topics... even more than they already are.
But if its something a number of people would like, I would be willing to try it out.
I'll try it out if you add it, I have some candidates already picked out.

OPP @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:15 pm

I would REALY like to have this function. If possible, I'd also like to have a message implemented when an ignored user tries to reply to his/hers post. It should simply say, you have been ignored by this user yadayadayada..
I'm ALL for it.

Scape @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:17 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:

I've requested it a few times.

OPP @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:19 pm

Scape Scape:
Canadaka Canadaka:

I've requested it a few times.

and I've given it the thumbs up a few times.

OPP @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:54 pm

OH MY GOD!!! WE HAVE AN IGNORE FUNCTION!! I'm so god damn exited! Want to try it at once!!!!

Canadaka @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:55 pm

ok I added an ignore function, to try out.

"Ability to ignore users (posts and private messages). Administrators and moderators cannot be ignored."

You will see an ignore icon below each users post, and after you ignore someone it will change to an unignore button.

Also under the "My CKA" menu there is a link called "Ignore List" which shows all the users you are ignoring.

I am going to make new ignore images, the defualts don't fit the theme.

OPP @ Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:57 pm

What a RIP-OFF! I can't ignore the one persone I REALY wanted ignored.
No exeptions for mods?

Canadaka @ Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:05 am

I didn't write the mod, its the way it comes.

Regina @ Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:05 am

OPP OPP:
No exeptions for mods?
Keep it up and you won't need to worry about that button.

novachick @ Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:11 am

How freaking lame an ignore button, thats just wack :lol:

OPP @ Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:27 am

Regina Regina:
OPP OPP:
No exeptions for mods?
Keep it up and you won't need to worry about that button.

You think you're site admin Regina? NEWS FLASH! You AREN'T!!!

1  2  3  4  Next