Canada Kicks Ass
Malware warning when trying to access a thread

Jonny_C @ Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Anyone else getting a malware warning from Google Chrome when trying to access the "NRA blames media, music and more for culture of violence" thread?

$1:
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.canadaka.net.
Content from www.imfdb.org, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

Somebody put an unsafe link in there?

Gunnair @ Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:38 pm

I can access it.

Brenda @ Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:03 pm

I can access it too, but I had the same with a certain page on the fuck thread not too long ago. Any other page was fine, just not that one.

N_Fiddledog @ Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:31 am

There must be a link on the page to Internet Movie Firearms Database (IMFDB.org). It a site for info on guns in movies, TV, and video. I just went directly to that site to check it out, and got a malware warning from Firefox. That's what Chrome is picking up on the CKA thread, I think.

Here's Googles diagnostic page for IMFDB.org.

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diag ... 6845&hl=en

Sometimes what happens is there's an ad on the linked site with malware attached. The site can appear clean one moment, and dirty when the ad cycles through.

This one at IMFDB though, seems to link to something called RLTK.us. I wonder if that might be Real Tech. Apparently there's malware that spoofs Real Tech.

Personally I suspect it's an infected popup ad on IMFDB.

Jonny_C @ Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks for the responses.

These warnings when they pop up always sound so dire and may be crying wolf. But I don't click through them.