Canada Kicks Ass
New Profile Pages!

Previous  1  2  3  Next

Canadaka @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:20 pm

cool, looks great! I look forward to seeing what people come up with.

I am researching the facebook API, I can get things like, list of friends, photos, events and include them on the CKA profile page.

Do many people use facebook?

Only downside, is since facebook is a "register only community" you need to be logged in or have an active session with the facebook site to view the info. So if you weren't logged in, it would ask you to login to facebook to view that persons details.

-Mario- @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:20 pm

fatbasturd fatbasturd:
looks really good i love the over all layout of it....i got to decorate meself up now.

Oh great... have you done enough already... ROTFL

Canadaka @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:07 pm

well im giving up on the facebook API for now, I will try another day. I'm about ready to pull my hair out. I can't get there stupid authentication tokens figured out. So after login anytime you refresh the page it breaks.

But i was able to retrive a list of groups i belong to on facebook and print them on the page, so thats progress.

[hr]

I did however add a new "facebook" field to the profiles, where you can enter your facebook ID#. It is below the Yahoo and ICQ on the "edit forum profile" page.

If you have entered your facebook ID, your profile will show some facebook links. (profile, poke, photos, add as friend)

I also fixed the MSN image, so when you click on it, it will auto open a chat window.

Dosenbier @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:19 pm

I like the way you setup the profile page...takes less space on the page now and i think it loads faster too...Looks great also! (at least to me it does) :)

canuckns @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:54 pm

Profile pages look great. Nice work.

Canadaka @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:48 pm

thanks for the comments everyone! Still working on the contributions page, will be done tonight.

I also added a little fun thing, called "Profile Points" that adds +1 point for all the possible things a person can have on there profile. So the more points someone has on there profile, the more "complete" profile they have.

The profile point total is displayed in the bottom right of the profile.

I think the current max is 27 points.

15+ points is a pretty complete profile
20+ points is a CKA Power User

Mr_Canada old @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:59 pm

Canadaka Canadaka:
thanks for the comments everyone! Still working on the contributions page, will be done tonight.

I also added a little fun thing, called "Profile Points" that adds +1 point for all the possible things a person can have on there profile. So the more points someone has on there profile, the more "complete" profile they have.

The profile point total is displayed in the bottom right of the profile.

I think the current max is 27 points.

15+ points is a pretty complete profile
20+ points is a CKA Power User
I got 24 without changing anything since you added them, 8)

crystalsm @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Ooh, the new profile page is far nicer and looks more tidy. Lovin' it. ;D

Canadaka @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:05 pm

well its just looks at what profile fields you have filled out and some other things, like if you have a blog, photo gallery and such.

It's just kinda a small incentive for people to fill out there profiles, so they don't look like Banff's ;)

And yes there is +1 for using a "profile header graphic". :)

Some things you can'e get from filling out your profile, like +1 for rep or +1 for having medals, things like that.

[hr]

Oh and I just fixed the signatures on the profiles finally, so all the bbcode styling works. That has never worked properly, w00t!

Canadaka @ Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:32 am

I am done converting the "Contributions" page, here is an example:
http://www.canadaka.net/profiles/Canadaka/contributions

I removed some old lists for things like "news comments" which arn't used anymore, since the news comments are intigrated into the forums now.
Also found some site "sections" that arn't being indexed in this page, so I will try and add them soon.

BluesBud @ Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:53 am

What happened to the "Points"? I never figured out what they were good for but I had built up quite a few.

Canadaka @ Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:59 am

whoops forgot to add the points, I did add them on the "contributions" page though.
http://www.canadaka.net/profiles/BluesBud/contributions

Their is still a fracking leak in the points system somewhere though, some people rack up insance points, and its obvious they didn't earn them all from the point guide here:
http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?name=Groups&op=list

I plan to add a "stats" section to the "contributions" page, that will show totals for all types of content submtted. like total pics submitted, total news links and so on. And from that I can calculate a persons actual amount of points, and not only that but the amount of points since the site begain.

I then could use this total and use it up overwrite whatever the current point total is, kinda a re-syncing everytime that "contributions" page is viewed.

BluesBud @ Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:01 am

True I have not seen any new ones in some time. It seemed stalled. Maybe somebody has been getting mine. I just thought you had discontinued the system.

Canadaka @ Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:02 am

well you don't get points from posting in the forums, points are for submitting content to the site, like articles, reviews, jokes, news, pictures. So your points should only go up if you do these things.

SexyCanadianMom @ Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:53 am

Ok this is what I came up with :)

Previous  1  2  3  Next