Canada Kicks Ass
New tabbed blocks on homepage

Canadaka @ Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:25 am

I have created a custom new block system that allows me to load multiple blocks into 1 area and display them with tabs. When you click a tab, the content loads instantly. Visit the homepage and you can see for yourself down the right side.

Now that the technical part is done (was not easy), now comes the design part. I can fit much more content on the frontpage, but need to decide what new content too add and where to put it.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments, I would love to hear them! For now i'm going to bed, will finish it off tommorow night :)

Canadaka @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:14 am

no comments, heh :(

Well i created some new blocks that have more info, look nicer and re-arranged things a bit.

Still trying to think of something new to add to the front-page, in the bottom right spot.

ziggy @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:27 am

Canadaka Canadaka:

Well i created some new blocks that have more info, look nicer and re-arranged things a bit.

Still trying to think of something new to add to the front-page, in the bottom right spot.
how about a small slideshow of the members gallery with a link? Some good pics there,the latest additions from EOD are good. Most have to be shown that theres a gallery before they find it.

Scape @ Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:27 am

*bump*

Canadaka @ Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:33 pm

ziggy ziggy:
Canadaka Canadaka:

how about a small slideshow of the members gallery with a link? Some good pics there,the latest additions from EOD are good. Most have to be shown that theres a gallery before they find it.

hmm well there already is a place for pics from the personal photo galleries, but I could make that tabbed, or some kinda fancy slider bar to hold more. Hmm maybe a tab could be added to show the most recent comments in those galleries.

Tricks @ Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:06 pm

Nice design. Really like it. Good work trev!

kitty @ Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:11 pm

Pretty... we are using a similar design for our company website.

Thanks Trevor!