Brenda Brenda:
kaetz kaetz:
OPP OPP:
kaetz kaetz:
OPP OPP:
Scape Scape:
Brenda Brenda:
In all fairness, what is a good poster?

This means posting, moderation, story submissions. There was a time that such stats were tracked but they were abused I think making it impossible. As it stands the medal system was brought in fill the gap I think and it works well enough. I would LOVE the idea of being able to rate other posters karma for my personal profile. EG the next time Lucy shows up spouting more hate speech I can simply make him/her/it a -1 poster and set my preference to only show posts from posters with karma of 1 or more points. This way, we never have to worry about 'banning' and having the board attacked by some warz hacker again the posters themselves would have the control they need to choose to read posts from other posters rather than no filter at all.

That's a great idea! PDT_Armataz_01_34 R=UP

No more flamewars and mods dictating what's A OK. You could simply choose to join in on the action or ignore the users all together. Sweeet!

you can do it now as well...

Locked down threads, yellow/red cards, Stalkers. This can't be ignored.

how do I manage?

You don't get bashed as much as OPP does?

this can't be the only reason

OPP @ Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:29 am

kaetz kaetz:
Brenda Brenda:
kaetz kaetz:
OPP OPP:
kaetz kaetz:
OPP OPP:
Scape Scape:
Brenda Brenda:
In all fairness, what is a good poster?

This means posting, moderation, story submissions. There was a time that such stats were tracked but they were abused I think making it impossible. As it stands the medal system was brought in fill the gap I think and it works well enough. I would LOVE the idea of being able to rate other posters karma for my personal profile. EG the next time Lucy shows up spouting more hate speech I can simply make him/her/it a -1 poster and set my preference to only show posts from posters with karma of 1 or more points. This way, we never have to worry about 'banning' and having the board attacked by some warz hacker again the posters themselves would have the control they need to choose to read posts from other posters rather than no filter at all.

That's a great idea! PDT_Armataz_01_34 R=UP

No more flamewars and mods dictating what's A OK. You could simply choose to join in on the action or ignore the users all together. Sweeet!

you can do it now as well...

Locked down threads, yellow/red cards, Stalkers. This can't be ignored.

how do I manage?

You don't get bashed as much as OPP does?

this can't be the only reason

Are you going to beat around the bush much longer?

CapeApe @ Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:34 am

only till she tells me to stop or add flavouring

kaetz @ Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:19 pm

eh? [huh]

Canadaka @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:48 am

The Reputation system is meant to be a member powered system, not a mod ran one. But I didn't want to flood the forums with tons of rep, so to start the ball rolling I gave mods access to give out REP. But those people that gained REP then had the ability to give REP to others, so the idea is that it would slowly mushroom from there.

I still have on my "To Do" list to create some pages to display the top members by reputation and view a members rep/warn/ban history. I might get to this soon.

I also changed the setting so getting a "yellow warning" does not deduct 1 from your REP. But a "Red ban" will.

The system has on kinda trial mode, there is so many configuration settings, i didn't know how I wanted it. But then i went away for 2 months and it kinda just layed dorment. I know there needs to be better documentation, this will come soon. Anyone is more than welcome to help with that.

Currently these are the requirements to GIVE out REP.
- At least 30 days of registration.
- At least 25 posts.
- At least 1 reputation point.
- User cannot change reputation of the same member more than once in 60 minutes.
- Reputation user spread of 3 users. (This setting dictates how many unique members that a user must rate before they are able to rate the same member twice.)

Hyack @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:52 am

Okay Trev...I have a rep of 1,how do I give someone else a rep point?

Brenda @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:53 am

Duhhh, I need to learn how to read English :lol:

Neva mind this post ;-)

Canadaka @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:59 am

lily lily:
None of us who fit the requirements can give out rep. Unless you haven't enabled it yet?

It should have been enabled for months... maybe this is the problem.

You should see this icon Image to the left of the profile icon below each post.

Brenda @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:59 am

Nope, we don't have that. Never have either. Only the mods do.

Hyack @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:59 am

The one lily says looks like an ID card?

Mr_Canada old @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:01 am

$1:
I also changed the setting so getting a "yellow warning" does not deduct 1 from your REP. But a "Red ban" will.
:lol:

Thank god you can't have Negative Rep, ROTFL

Canadaka @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:03 am

can someone with REP send me a PM with their password so i can try logging in as them for troubleshooting.

Brenda @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:24 am

YAY! You did it!

Thanks Trev!

Canadaka @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:26 am

hmm.. if i uncheck the "At least 1 reputation points." requirement it seems to show up on Brenda's account. But not on Newsbot's because newsbot doens't meet the other requirements...

So the problem lies with that setting I think... But right now any active forum member should see the "rep" button, even if they don't have any rep yet? Can someone without rep confirm?

Brenda @ Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:27 am

I have just given you one, so I have the symbol underneath every post, and it works :P

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next